Black Mountain is a municipality in the district of Bregenz, the Austrian province of Vorarlberg with 1852 inhabitants ( as at 31 December 2013).
- 3.1 Demographics
- 5.1 Attractions 5.1.1 Angelika Kaufmann- hall
- 5.1.2 Angelika Kauffmann Museum
- 5.1.3 village
- 5.1.4 Parish Schwarzenberg
- 5.1.5 Railway Museum Wälderbähnle
- 5.2.1 Schubertiade
- 5.2.2 Schwarzenberger Alptag and market
Schwarzenberg is located in the westernmost province of Austria, Vorarlberg, in the district of Bregenz south of Lake Constance to 696 meters. The community lies with Egg and Andel book in the wide valley of the middle Bregenzerwald. It extends from the heights of Hochälpele ( 1467 m above sea level. A. ), the Boedele and Lorena up to the wooded banks of the Bregenzerach. The center with the church is at 700 m above sea level. A.. The municipality covers an area of 26 km ² and has about 1900 inhabitants.
Black Mountain is nestled in the undulating and mixed forest landscape, which is surrounded by green hilltops. The community has maintained its original structure despite the hamlet of construction activity in recent decades. Old traditional farmhouses with shingle and fitting the typical " hands" still dominate the built landscape. A wreath of pasture huts - also designed entirely in wood - frame the permanently inhabited hamlet.
The community of Black Mountain shares its municipal boundary with five other municipalities in Vorarlberg. Of these four are the same as Schwarzenberg in the political district of Bregenz, namely Alberschwende, Egg, Andel book and Reuthe. Only the district capital Dornbirn is located as a neighbor in the adjoining municipality of the same name Dornbirn district.
1270 a priest of " Swa (r ) zinberch " is mentioned for the first time. The Habsburgs ruled the areas in Vorarlberg Schwarzenberg and also partly of Tyrol and Further Austria from ( Freiburg im Breisgau). However, there was a far-reaching Bregenzerwäldler self-government until the occupation by Napoleon. From 1805 to 1814, the town belonged to Bavaria, then back to Austria. For the Austrian state of Vorarlberg Schwarzenberg heard since its founding in 1861. The place was 1945 to 1955 part of the French zone of occupation in Austria.
The proportion of foreigners at the end of 2002 at 5.5 percent.
- Mayor Armin Berchtold.
- The municipal council consists of 18 members, of which all come from Schwarzenberger civil list.
Angelica Kaufmann Hall
Completed in 2001, reconstruction of Angelika Kauffmann Hall has aroused great enthusiasm among the artists and the audience. In the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung of Angelika Kauffmann Hall was counted together with the Mozart Hall of the Konzerthaus and the Salzburg Mozarteum of the three best chamber music halls in the world and the Neue Zürcher Zeitung described the acoustics of Angelika Kauffmann Hall as "absolutely ideal ". The ventilation system is designed with increased demands on the acoustics of 25 dB ( A) broadcast- capable. Through sound locks and the sound insulation glazing the function rooms are acoustically isolated from one another.
Angelika Kauffmann Museum
Angelika Kauffmann Museum: The original home of the Museum was established in 1913. After the third move it is located since 1928 in the adhesive house. In the front part Bregenzerwälder living culture of the 19th century is shown. On the ground floor: Schopf ( arbor ), kitchen, living room, Gaden ( master bedroom ), costumes and Tonwarenausstellung. Upstairs children's bedroom, exhibition of dairy processing equipment and religious cabaret. In the attic: old weapons, musical instruments, tableware, forged grave crosses.
In the middle section are works by Angelika Kauffmann: oil paintings, engravings, porcelain, mementos, letters. Angelica Kauffmann (1741-1807) bequeathed her home town Schwarzenberg the apostles medallions in the parish church and the high altar, which she painted in her last years in Rome.
Just in time for the anniversary of the current Gallery in the Angelika Kauffmann Museum has been extended to exhibition spaces that comply with museum standards in terms of safety and conservation aspects.
The village square around the fountain near the church is the most beautiful and best preserved of Vorarlberg. The portly houses that are listed buildings give an idea that flourished significant wealth here. Once upon a time you wirtete in six guest houses that give in unbroken succession to the center a stately character. You remember the time when the (now called Boedele ) of the whole movement of the Bregenz Forest in Säumertransporten about the two Schwarzenberger passports, lots and Lorena in the Rhine Valley, Lake Constance region and up to northern Italy went. The hosts were at the same time large-scale farmers, traders and moneylenders and played an important role in the Talschaftspolitik.
Parish Church of Black Mountain
The parish church - rebuilt after the large fire in 1755 - one of the most beautiful baroque buildings in Vorarlberg. What makes the Schwarzenberger church to a much-visited art facility, are the paintings of the artist Joseph Johann Kauffmann Schwarzenberger and his daughter Angelica Kauffmann. From the hand of the Father, the Stations of the Cross as well as the main images on the side altars come. Angelika created as a sixteen year old the apostles medallions in fresco technique. In her last years she devoted her home parish of the high altarpiece, depicting the Coronation of the Virgin by the Holy Trinity, the church is dedicated. It is Angelika's most important religious work.
Museum Railway Wälderbähnle
Black Mountain is a station on the Bregenzerwaldbahn, which is still operated as a museum railway.
The Schubertiade Schwarzenberg held annually in the summer. The festival focuses on often overlooked in the normal operating concert works of Franz Schubert and other composers of the Romantic period. Many of the most famous singers, piano accompanist and chamber music ensembles in the world take part in the Schubertiade whose equally international regulars often arriving for the whole duration of the festival. The concerts will take place mainly in the Angelika Kauffmann Hall and the village hall.
Schwarzenberger Alptag and market
- The Alptag takes place every year in the week before the market ( and the annual market in mid- September). The most beautifully decorated Alps with about 700 head of cattle (cows and young cattle ) and sheep pull back to the village. After 400 years of tradition of Alptag in Black Mountain is a great day of celebration for Alpine and farmers.
- The Schwarzenberger market takes place every year in mid-September, and has historically grown and evolved over the centuries to an annual event in the region Bregenzerwald. Over time, the market of a local supply device has transformed into a social highlight with traditional character.
Economy and infrastructure
- In total, around 80 companies are located approximately 350 jobs in Black Mountain.
- Commercial area Dorn: The commercial area is located at the northern gate of thorn Schwarzenberg. The beginnings of the commercial area thorn lie in 2002, when a 30,000 -square-foot area was rezoned in the north of Schwarzenberg as the operating area. Today, use eight small and medium enterprises 70 % of the area, the remaining 8,500 square meters are not forgiven. Companies from different sectors can be found thorn in the industrial area. Overall, the companies have approximately 50 employees, representing almost 15 % of the total workforce in Schwarzenberg. (November 2006)
A unique scenery, fresh air and altitude and homely inns with family contact pulling today as 100 years ago guests from many countries.
Countless winter and summer hiking trails are available to guests available as well as two tennis courts, an indoor and outdoor climbing. This offer is extended through our membership of the Bregenzerwald Cheese Route. Approx. 50,000 guests spend the night every year in Black Mountain. About 55 % of them fall on summer tourism, which is strengthened by the Schubertiade.
In winter, Black Mountain has with the ski Boedele - Hochälpele stockpile lifts a private ski resort with one chairlift and 7 ski lifts. From a ski downhill to the village center is possible. Here also found already taken place World Cup downhill races of the ladies.
In Black Mountain, there are (as of November 2006) 105 elementary school pupils. So the place is the town of Vorarlberg with the highest number of primary school pupils in relation to population. In Black Mountain, there is also a kindergarten with 65 children and five supervisors.
- Egon Denz (1899-1979), lawyer, politician and Nazi SS officer
- Tone Fink ( born 1944 ), filmmaker and object artist
- Angelica Kauffmann (1741-1807), Swiss- Austrian painter of classicism
- Joseph Johann Kauffmann (1707-1782), painter, father of Angelica Kauffmann
- Maria Pacis Irene Birds (1931-2010), Roman Catholic nun and missionary