Vayechi (Hebrew ויחי, " And he lived " supplement: Jacob in the land of Egypt) denotes a reading section ( or Parasha Sidra called ) comprises the Torah and the text gene / Bereshit 47.28 to 50.26.
It is the Sidra of the 2nd or 3rd Sabbath of the month of Tevet.
- Jacob passes against Josef waiting to be buried in Canaan with his fathers, apologizes for having his mother Rachel buried the go, bless him in his offspring and determined that these grandchildren will equal his sons, with the result that the strain Joseph divided into two tribes.
- Jacob lays the blessing in Israel follows that: " May God make you like Ephraim and Manasseh " and so is the younger over the older.
- Jacob Blessing before his death, each of the sons and blames Ruben, Simon and Levi.
- Jacob's body was embalmed and buried in the cave of Machpelah.
- After the father's death, Joseph's brothers fear revenge, this promises to them but to provide them and their children permanently.
- Joseph died at the age of 110 years, after he had summoned his brothers the descendants were in the exodus from Egypt to take his body.
The associated Haftarah is 1 Kings. 2:1-12.