Zvole (Žďár nad Sázavou District)

Zvole ( German Swolla ) is a municipality in the Czech Republic. It is located seven kilometers south-west of Bystřice nad Perštejnem and belongs to Okres Zdar nad Sázavou.


Zvole located in the Bohemian- Moravian Highlands on a ridge between the valleys of Rožínka and Olešná. To the north of the hill rises Strany ( 568 m) and in the northwest of Křiby (spin Mountain, 571 m). To the east is the network operated by GEAM Dolni Rožínka only uranium mine in the Czech Republic.

Neighboring towns are Branišov and ALBRECHTICEAlbrechtice north, Horni Rožínka in the northeast, Zlatkov and Dvořiště in the east, Dolni Rožínka the southeast, Blažkov and Šiklův Mlýn in the south, Olešínky the southwest, Míčův Mlýn, Strchův Mlýn and Račice in the west and Ráčkův Mlýn and Dlouhe in northwest.


The first mention of the church in Zvole place in the year 1307. In 1360, Hynek is Ronow as the owner of goods in Zvole detectable. In 1365 there was a Freihofstraße that belonged Zvole including the corresponding three hooves and two Chaluppen Ondřej, and from 1488 a fortress is occupied. 1483 consisted of 23 Zvole property and two mills. By inheritances the place under different owners was fragmented. The largest shares held Čeněk Zvole and the minister Petr Zvole. Petr bequeathed on condition him a year to hold a memorial service, his part in 1492 the Cistercian monastery Saar. A year later sold the convent Čeněk his part. Zvole was then combined with Branišov until the dissolution of the monastery in 1784 to the monastery Saarer goods. Then the Zvoler goods were managed by religious foundation and later connected to the rule Radešín. 1782 broke out in the area of a peasant uprising, which was directed against the intolerable burdens and the parish tithe. 1834 lived 614 people in 88 houses of Zvole.

After the abolition of patrimonial Zvola formed with the district Olešínky 1850 a municipality in the district Nove Mesto. 1877 Olešínky became independent. Zvole consisted in 1900 of 96 692 houses and where people lived. Of which included up to 22 all Protestants to the Catholic denomination. 1947, the community was assigned nad Perštejnem in the wake of the dissolution of Okres Nové Město na Moravě the Okres Bystřice. Since 1961 it belongs to the Okres Zdar nad Vltavou, at the same time Branišov and Olešínky were incorporated.

Local structure

The municipality consists of the villages Zvole Branišov ( Branschau ) Olešínky ( Oleschinek ) and Zvole ( Swolla ).


  • Baroque three-towered church of St. Wenceslas, built from 1713 to 1717 according to plans by Johann Blasius Santini Aichl instead of the old church. The consecration took place in 1722. Due to a fire, which the church roof, the towers and the rectory destroyed in 1747, it was rebuilt. The altarpiece of the encounter with Wenceslas Radislav of Kourim created by Karel Škréta.
  • Statue of St. John of Nepomuk and gilded crucifix in front of the church
  • Rectory with mansard roof and a sundial at the top
  • Plague cemetery from the 17th century in the local situation Convention
  • War Memorial with soil of Stalingrad in the village square
  • Western town in Šikland Šiklův Mlýn, and the recreation and adventure area is marketed together with the haunted castle DraXmoor in Dolni Rožínka

Sons and daughters of the town

  • Adolf Mazel (1879-1944), writer
  • Miroslav Servit (1886-1959), mycologist and professor
  • Silvestr Bláha (1887-1946), Division of General and head of the Military 1929-1938 Office of the President, born in the mill Balatkův Mlýn