History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood Dragon甲辰( at the beginning of the year, water - hare癸卯)
Syria: 1375/76 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- July 9: The city of Coimbra is of warriors Ferdinand I, ruler of the Kingdom of Castile, taken during the era of the Reconquista the Moors. All Muslims are distributed over the River Mondego.
- King Sancho I of Aragon conquers the Muslim city Barbastro by the Emir of Saragossa. At the behest of Pope Alexander II supported him a Frankish army under William VIII of Aquitaine. The expedition is regarded as the forerunner of the Crusades.
- Seljuk Turks into Anatolia penetrate and conquer Mazaca Caesarea and Ani. Beginning of the Turkish incursions into Anatolia.
- First mention of Birrenlauf (now Schinznach bath), Brugg, Frick Gersau Hermetschwil, Meggen (Canton Lucerne), Remigen, Thalheim and Ötlingen.
- Foundation of St. Michael's Abbey to Siegburg by Archbishop Anno II
- Ibn Hazm, Arab polymath in Andalusia ( * 994 )