History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Ox辛丑( at the beginning of the year metal rat庚子)
Syria: 1372/73 ( the year in October )
- Secured 3.1 Date of Death
- 3.2 More death unknown
- 3.3 Born around 1061
Politics and World Affairs
- January 28: After the death of his younger brother Spytihněv II Vratislav II, after Senioratsprinzip Duke of Bohemia.
- June 18: Dietrich V., after the death of his father Florens I. Count of Holland. The eight- year-old is provisionally under the tutelage of his mother Gertrude of Saxony.
- William IV succeeds his deceased father as Count Pons of Toulouse.
- Roger III. Graf is a part of Carcassonne.
- The Normans conquer Messina in Sicily.
- First mention of Eger and Zollikofen.
- October 28: In Basel IV at the instigation of the Roman-German king Henry the Bishop of Parma, Pietro Cadalus elected Antipope Honorius II. Pope Alexander II had become without the participation of the imperial party head of the church.
- The Speyer Cathedral is dedicated.
- JANUARY 28: Spytihněv II, Duke of Bohemia (* 1031 )
- MAY 5: Humbert of Silva Candida, theologian, cardinal and Benedictine (c. 1010)
- June 18: Florens I, Count of Holland, (c. 1020)
More death unknown
- Adelmann of Liège, a Belgian scholar (* 1000)
- Burkhard I, is considered the first -guaranteed Hohenzollern
- Isaac I., Byzantine emperor (c. 1005)
- Conrad III. , Duke of Carinthia and Margrave of Verona
Born around 1061
- Peter Raymond, Count of Carcassonne, Viscount of Béziers and Agde
- Pons, Count of Toulouse