2008 Tour de France, Stage 1 to Stage 11#Stage 6
The sixth stage of the Tour de France 2008 on July 10 was 195.5 km long and ran from Aigurande to Super Besse. There were three intermediate sprints and two climbs of the fourth category and two of the second category on the program, with the last mountain stage was to finish in Super Besse.
The stage began again with numerous breakaways. Sylvain Chavanel started the first successful breakaway at kilometer 6, later joined him Freddy Bichot and Benoit Vaugrenard. They could but only slowly gaining in projection was a maximum of 5:15 minutes, while from the field tried new drivers to catch up to the front. As on the day before each of the driver could decide a sprint for himself, however, always Chavanel was able to prevail in the mountain stages, which thus secured the mountain jersey. Then he fell back. Vaugrenard fell on the Col de la Croix- Morand back from the top group, while at the same time in the main draw new attacks were launched. Bichot was finally caught 13 km from the finish. On the Schlussteigung there were further attacks. Leonardo Piepoli Vande Velde and Christian were able to pull away at first, but did not make it to stay ahead. The goal in Super Besse was achieved on a 180 meter long and 6.5 meter wide stretch. There Riccardo Riccò won, who was able to prevail against Alejandro Valverde and Cadel Evans. Stefan Schumacher was stopped by a fall just before the finish and lost valuable seconds and thus the yellow jersey, which was able to secure Kim Kirchen, who finished fifth behind Fränk Schleck and thus also the new leader of the points classification was. Churches is thus the first Luxembourg yellow jersey since Charly Gaul in 1958. Chavanel was elected for the second time on this tour to kämpferischten driver.
- Second intermediate sprint in Cressat ( 44.5 km ) ( 532 m above sea level. NN )
- Third intermediate sprint in La Bourboule ( 144 km ) ( 877 m above sea level. NN )
- Sprint in Super Besse ( 195.5 km ) ( 1289 m above sea level. NN )
- Côte de l' Armelle, Category 4 ( 70 kilometers ) (. 602 m above sea level, 2.3 km à 4,7 %)
- Côte de Crocq, Category 4 ( 89 km ) ( 740 m above sea level, . 1.6 km à 6,0 %)
- Col de la Croix- Morand, Category 2 ( 158 km ) ( 1401 m above sea level, . 8.0 km à 5,2 %)
- Super Besse, category 2 ( km 195.5 ) (. 1 289 m above sea level, 11.0 km à 4,7 %)
Stage 1 | Stage 2 | Stage 3 | Stage 4 | Stage 5 | Stage 6 | Stage 7 | Stage 8 | Stage 9 | Stage 10 | Stage 11 | Stage 12 | 13 stage | stage 14 | stage 15 | stage 16 | stage 17 | stage 18 | stage 19 | stage 20 | stage 21
- Tour de France 2008