2011 Super Rugby season
The 2011 season was the first edition of Super Rugby, a rugby union competition with 15 franchise teams from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. From 1996 to 2005 was called the Super 12 competition from 2006 to 2010 Super 14 The season began on 18 February 2011 and ended with the final on July 9, 2011. Were a total of 125 games played. The 15 teams were divided into three Conferences, corresponding to the three countries. Masters were the Queensland Reds from Brisbane for the first time.
- 3.1 quarterfinals
- 3.2 Semi-finals
- 3.3 final
- 4.1 Most scored tests
- 4.2 Most points scored
Each team played in the regular season according to the following pattern:
- Within the Conference: Each team completed two games each against the other four teams in its Conference ( one home and away game ).
- Other Conferences: Each team completed home games against four representatives from the other Conferences and Away games against four other representative ( thereby missing an encounter with one representative each from the Conferences ).
The highest-ranked teams in the three Conferences as well as the next three teams finishing in the overall table ( wildcard ) made it to the play-offs. The two better - Conference winners received a bye for the quarterfinals. In this, the third Conference champion met the third-ranked wildcard team, while the highest-ranked wildcard team met on the second placed. This was followed by semi-finals and finals, with the home advantage was found in the overall table due to the higher placement.
New Zealand Conference
South African Conference
- Three Conference champion, qualified for playoffs
- Three closest binned teams by points ( wildcards), qualifying for playoffs
The points are distributed as follows:
- 4 points for a win
- 2 points for a draw
- 0 points for a loss (before possible bonus points )
- 1 bonus point for four or more attempts, regardless of the Final
- 1 bonus point for a loss by fewer than seven points difference
- Each team had two byes and got four points credited