History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of The Water Rooster癸酉( at the beginning of the year Water Monkey壬申)
Era of Diocletian: 689/690 ( year November )
Syria: 1284/85 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- May 7: After the death of his father Otto II takes control in the eastern kingdom.
- At Easter a court day is held in Quedlinburg, in which Boleslav I, Duke of Bohemia, and Mieszko I, Duke of Poland take an oath of allegiance to Emperor Otto I..
- Edgar, who already ruled England for some time, is crowned in Bath by the Archbishop of Canterbury to the king.
- Travelogue of Ibrahim ibn Jacub: from Magdeburg to Prague.
- First mention of Dietesheim Heiligenstadt and Torgau.
- The Fatimid Caliph Abu Tamin al - Muizz leaves the first as al - Mansuriyya ("The Victorious " ), built rename ( " the Strong "), new residence in Egypt during a visit to the city in al - Qahira. This is the still valid name for the city of Cairo.
- May 06: Henry II, Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire († 1024)
- September 04: Al- Biruni, Persian scholar († 1048)
- MARCH 26: Guntram the Rich, progenitor of the Habsburg
- MARCH 27: Hermann Billung, Margrave of Saxony (* 900/912 )
- 07 May: Otto I the Great, died in his palace Memleben (* 912)
- 04 July: Ulrich of Augsburg, Bishop and Catholic saint (* 890 )
- September 29: Adalrich, son of Duke Burchard II of Swabia, on the island Ufenau in Lake Zurich
- Amalric, Count of Hainaut