Laubach is a medium- small Hessian town with 9645 inhabitants, of which around 6,000 in the core city.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 3.1 City Council
- 3.2 Mayor
- 3.3 partnerships
- 4.1 Theatres and Museums
- 4.2 Structures 4.2.1 Schloss Laubach
- 4.2.2 City Evangelical Church Laubach
- 4.2.3 Other Structures
- 4.4.1 FOREST PARK: Green sea
- 4.4.2 Wüstung Ruthardshausen
- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 schools
The city on the weather has an irregular floor plan. The main complex of the settlement is to the right of the river. From the north opens up a side valley. The cityscape is dominated by the castle and park in the north. To the southwest, the formerly walled Old Town attaches with a nearly square floor plan. Before the town church is a small marketplace. A recent housing development is located in the East, a modern housing estate in the north- west. In the west, extending along the railway line an industrial area.
The community Laubach extends on the edge of the nature park Hoher Vogelsberg. The town of Laubach is located 700 meters west of the ninth degree of longitude east. The northern neighbor on this meridian is Büßfeld in Vogelsberg. The distance to the equator is 5602.25 kilometers.
Laubach is 9,700 hectares, the largest area municipality of the district of Gießen.
Laubach is bordered to the north by the city of Green Mountain and the congregation mosquito ( Vogelsberg ), to the east by the cities Ulrich Stein and Scots (both Vogelsberg ), to the south by the municipality of Nidda ( Wetterau ), on the southwest by the city Spins, and on the west by the city Lich and the community rice churches.
- Ruppertsburg ( with Friedrichshütte )
- Weather box
Laubach was first documented in the years 750 and 802 under the name Lobach.
In the course of municipal reform in Hesse were on a voluntary basis on 31 December 1970, the municipalities Gonterskirchen, Lauter, Münster, Röthges, Ruppertsburg weather field, incorporated at 31 December 1971 Altenhain and on April 1, 1972 Freienseen to Laubach. From 1 January 1977 to August 1, 1979 Laubach was assigned to the Lahn- Dill-Kreis, then again the County of Gießen.
The municipal election held 27 March 2011 yielded the following results:
Chairman of the City Council is Joachim M. Kühn, CDU Laubach.
Since 1 June 2009, Peter Klug (independent) new mayor of Laubach. He won the runoff election against Spandau with 57.72 %. The turnout was 64.03 %. Mayor of the core city Laubach is Helmut Kircher (June 2011).
There are the following partnerships:
- Élancourt (France), about 40 kilometers southeast of Paris, since 1975
- Graefenhainichen (Saxony- Anhalt), since 1995
- Zoersel (Belgium ), since 1995
- Didim ( Turkey), since 1996
Culture and sights
Theaters and museums
The museum Fridericianum documented in a three-part exhibition ( "time travel through the Laubach country ", " Ora et labora ", " Laubach Leut ' " ), the Laubach regional history. Opened in 1981 as a local history museum, in 2007 began an extensive didactic museum redesign and renovation of the building. In March 2011, the reopening took place as a regional museum. The two storey building with a hipped roof, a double-barreled staircase and a Traufgesims with dentil frieze in 1750 under the fir mountain ( Prince Garden ) near Gonterskirchen as a hunting lodge built and added in 1832 to its present location in Laubachs downtown (Friedrichstraße 9). Between 1875 and 1922 it served as a humanistic Gymnasium.
The showpiece of the town is the Laubach Castle of the Counts of Solms- Laubach. Created in the 13th century castle was extended closed like in the 16th and 18th centuries. The complex is surrounded since the 18th century by a garden in the style of an English garden. In the castle garden is a historic icehouse. The castle library at the time, founded in 1555 as a school library is one of the oldest and largest European private libraries with over 120,000 titles. A family law prohibits the sale of this library. It is registered in the directory nationally valuable cultural assets and is a listed building.
Protestant city church Laubach
The oldest part of the Evangelical City Church, formerly St. Mary, dates from the 12th century. An extension was made in the 18th century. The church has a Baroque organ.
- Untermühle - Schlichter Renaissance, on the west gable 1588-1589 a designated double coat of arms.
- Residential - The once picturesque old town with a number of half-timbered houses (see below) was drawn through the Old Town redevelopment 1965-1980 significantly affected. Green Sea 14 - Branch Esch. In the 15th century, the Rähmbau developed from the post and with carved corner posts, erected 1667.
- Green Sea 28 - Rähmbau, built around 1600.
- Green Sea 30 - Built around 1550.
- Green sea 1 - ( stocking weavers house). Two-storey Wandständerbau built with curved Fußbändern and head bands, around 1450; oldest residential house in Laubach.
- Marktplatz 5 - Three-storey gabled house referred to, 1738.
- Marketplace. 8 - Three-storey building traufständiger, the core 1635 The corner bay window was probably added in the 18th century.
- Upper Gasse 14 - Denotes 1617th
- Upper Long Street 12 - In 1500, modified in the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Lower Long Street 6/8 - ( Gasthaus zur Owl). Built around 1560, cultivation of 1651st
- Lower Long Street 26 - Traufenhaus designated 1625th
- Wild man alley 9-1969 canceled. The corner posts with " Wilder Mann" and "Wild Woman " are now attached to the new building of the house No. 7.
- Klipsteinturm. Square four-story tower, the last still existing watchtower of the former city wall. The truss parts are probably made around 1500.
- The round tower collapsed in 1963 due to disrepair citizens a.
- Former Vorwerk on the weather. Square tower of the 16th century with mouth loopholes and a younger half-timbered tower. He was once part of the city wall upstream grove trench. In 1965 he was removed and about 130 meters from its original location rebuilt in the garden area of the house " In the grove 8". Here, originating from the 18th century half-timbered upper floor has been largely reconstructed.
In the historic Old Town and the Castle area regularly hosts cultural events that generate nationwide interest: as the Hessian Blues Festival ( Blues, applesauce & apple sauce ) and the International Organ and organ grinder Festival. Other regular events are open-air cinema, Festival of Lights, La Villa Cotta (garden and country house days) and Castle Park concerts. Since 2007, takes place every year on the second weekend in September, the medieval spectacle in the castle park instead. The traditional festival is the Laubach hard Committee, whose roots date back to the year 1540.
FOREST PARK: Green sea
About seven kilometers from Laubach - Scots direction - is the forest park opened in 2009, "Green Sea" 50.52749.06727. Around the Kirchberg an approximately 80 -acre nature theme park which offers visitors the options sets to discover specifics of the native forest or to take a look into the past of colonization of the bird mountain slopes or just playing to experience nature. Components of Solms- Laubach, built by Karl Georg Graf parks are next to an adventure playground including a 35 meter high observation tower, a Baumwipfelweg, a deer park, a forest classroom and trailing excavation sites.
The park is motorized good about the B 276 to reach. But also for bike rides from the district casting, there are over Gonterskirchen beautiful forest, bike paths or quiet side roads on which you enter the park. Thus, the park is an attractive destination for a day trip by bicycle, for example, along the Horloff. Because of its location on the edge of the Vogelsberg and the associated gradients should plan with smaller children enough time for pegs with.
During the Middle Ages the Horlofftal was densely populated. At about halfway today B 276 between Laubach and Scots, was the village Ruthardshausen, which was first mentioned in 1340. Its inhabitants left it probably due to the plague, so it was around 1550 for the deserted village.
The church " St. Valentine " was built already in 1260 a renewal of the ruins was in 1970 on a board in the doorway we find the following rhyme: .. Where are they whose song from your womb, O church, once aloft flown to God, forgetting all their dim earthly fate, Where are they? Your songs followed suit! ( from the poem The Forest Chapel by Nikolaus Lenau, 1828).
Economy and infrastructure
Laubach is located in the tariff area of the Rhine -Main Transport Association ( RMV). The railway line Friedberg- mosquito is indeed like the leading through the district Münster Butzbach Licher railroad shut down in this area; However, connecting a number of bus routes Laubach with stations in the area:
- The VGO line 74 runs every day (weekends as a call -line taxi) to the nearest station, Grünberg ( Oberhess ) at the Vogelsberg web - casting Fulda, seven kilometers north of Laubach.
- The line 372 offers daily connections to the Lich ( Oberhess ) railway station on the Lahn- Kinzig -Bahn - Gelnhausen Giessen, the line 363 runs Monday to Friday, and from November to April on weekends Hungen station on the same track.
- In addition, the line runs 372 daily for casting intercity railway station, the line 363 runs from Monday to Friday and from November to April at the weekend to Friedberg intercity railway station (Hesse), both at the Main- Weser Railway Kassel- Frankfurt (Main) located.
- From May to October, the above operation of the line 363 by the VGO - line VB - 92 Vogelsberger Vulkan Express, a leisure traffic with bicycle trailers replaced.
- Theodor Heuss School (primary school)
- Lutheran Primary School Laubach - Freienseen EKHN
- Friedrich Magnus School Laubach
- Laubach College EKHN, Oberstufengymnasium the first and second chance education with hostel
- Sophie of Solms- Laubach (1594-1651)
- Johann Wilhelm Buderus I ( * 1690 in Nassau on the Lahn, † 1753 in Friedrichshütte, Laubach ), founder of Buderus
- Philipp Erasmus Reich (1717-1787), bookseller and publisher
- Friedrich Graf zu Solms- Laubach (1769-1833), member of the Imperial privy councilor and Upper President of the Prussian Province of Jülich -Cleves -Berg
- Friedrich zu Solms- Laubach (1833-1900), member of the Reichstag
- Maximilian Hermann Carl Ludwig Friedrich zu Solms - Laubach (1842-1915), German mycologist
- Felix Klipstein (1880-1941), painter and graphic artist
- Edward Christian (1885-1965), bank manager, CEO of West Germans Bodenkreditanstalt
- Friedrich Kellner (1885-1970), Justice Inspector General and author of documentary records in the period of the Nazi regime in Germany
- Hadayatullah Pretty, (1946-2011), author, school attendance in Laubach
- Michael Meinhold (1947-2009), author and editor of several model railroad magazines
- Friedel Münch ( * 1927), head of the Münch Motorcycle Works
- Holger Geschwindner (* 1945), national basketball player
- Karl -Friedrich Rausch ( born 1951 ), manager
- Udo Samel (* 1953), actor
- Rainer Lind (born 1954 ), painter and graphic artist