Ohmden is a municipality in the district of Esslingen, located in the petrification reserve timber maggot Ohmden. The place belongs to the marginal zone of the metropolitan region of Stuttgart. Ohmden belongs to the administrative community Weilheim an der Teck.
- 2.1 religions
- 2.2 Population development
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Mayor
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 Education
- 5.1 Structures
- 6.1 Sons and daughters of the town
Neighboring municipalities are starting from north clockwise: Schlierbach, Hattenhofen, cell under Aichelberglifte, all in the district of Göppingen and wood grubs and Kirchheim unter Teck, both in the district of Esslingen.
The municipality consists of the village and the farms Ohmden Lindenhof and Talhof.
Ohmden is first mentioned under the name Amindon in 1125 in San Rotulus Petrinus, a parchment scroll of the monastery of St. Peter in the Black Forest in documents. It describes an exchange transaction in which Duke Conrad of Zahringen over the place appropriated to the monastery. Finally, the village fell to the monastery Adelberg. Church- it was one of Kirchheim unter Teck.
The place name is derived from the Old High German Ohmden expression Amat and refers to the Öhmd, the second cut grass. He had throughout history in numerous variants, for example Amindon, Ameden, Aymden, Ombden.
Since 1938 Ohmden belonged to the district Nürtingen with which it rose in 1973 in the district of Esslingen.
Since the Reformation Ohmden is dominated Protestant. To date, the majority of the citizens are Protestant. However, there is since 2002 the Catholic Parish Hall St. Mark, where regular Catholic services take place. St. Mark's is affiliated with the Church of the City of St. Ulrich in Kirchheim unter Teck.
The council has 10 members in Ohmden. The turnout at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 was 60.3 % and showed the following distribution of seats:
The council consists of the elected honorary councilors and the mayor as chairman. The mayor is entitled to vote in the local council.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms shows a black Ohmdens a six -pointed star with a horseshoe on a yellow shield. Little is known about the origin. The horseshoe symbol could indicate the likely high horse population of the place. Interpretation is supported by the fact that after the Battle of Nördlingen in 1634 from the municipality 125 horses were requisitioned an enormous for those city size number. What is certain is that the star was a coat of arms with other local horseshoe symbol, which always recurred in Württemberg, introduced only to distinguish and has no historical significance. While a seal dating from 1765 still shows a deer rack on an "O " has a seal of 1800, the horseshoe symbol, even without a star on. The current coat of arms was granted on 11 December 1973, the Interior Ministry.
Economy and infrastructure
Ohmden has its own primary school. Older students have to go to the neighboring towns to visit secondary schools.
Culture and sights
Particularly worth seeing the Protestant parish church of St. Cosmas and Damian is from the 17th century. It contains four altar wings pictures of Thomas Schick, which depict scenes from the lives of the two saints Cosmas and Damian and date from around 1500. They had been produced for a previous church.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Karl Scheufelen (1823-1902), entrepreneur, founder of Scheufelen