The PGA Championship is organized by the PGA of America as part of the PGA TOUR and is one of the four major golf tournaments. It was the first time in 1916 discharged Club in Bronxville, New York in Siwanoy Country. It was won by Englishman living in America Jim Barnes. The tournament is traditionally held in August at various places in the United States. Until 1958 the tournament was held as Match Play, since as stroke play over four rounds.
Other major golf tournaments, the U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the U.S. Masters.
See also: List of winners at Golf Major Tournaments
The most common Winner: as of 2011
- Walter Hagen (5 wins 1921-1927 )
- Jack Nicklaus (5 wins 1963-1980 )
- Tiger Woods (4 wins between 1999 and 2007 )
- Gene Sarazen (3 wins 1922-1933 )
- Sam Snead (3 wins 1942-1951 )
- 2014 - Valhalla Golf Club ( Louisville, Kentucky) [Q 1]
- 2015 - Whistling Straits, Straits Course ( Haven, Wisconsin)
- 2016 - Baltusrol Golf Club, Lower Course ( Springfield, NJ)
Winners since 1958
(*) The number indicates the number of wins of the individual golfer to until then.
Second - place finisher in the play-off: