The Unstrut Hainich is a district in the north-west of Thuringia. The county was named Unstrut and the ridge Hainich after the river. Regional planning Risch the circle belongs to the Planning Region North Thuringia and is a member of the Community Planning North Thuringia.
- 2.1 Population development
- 3.1 District
- 3.2 Kreistag
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 Economics
- 4.2 traffic 4.2.1 Road Traffic
- 4.2.2 Transportation
- 4.2.3 Air Transport
- 6.1 communities
- 6.2 Management Communities
The Unstrut Hainich is located in the northwestern part of the Thuringian Basin and their border plates. The Unstruttal is bordered to the west and north of the shell plates of the Hainich, the Upper Eichsfeld and fertilizer. In the southwest of the Unstrut Hainich- circle is the geographical center of Germany, if one starts from the extremes (position of the northernmost, easternmost point in Germany, etc. ). In the district Niederdorla the community bailiwick a stone slab at 51 ° 10 ' north latitude and 10 ° 27' eastern longitude was set.
Neighboring districts of Unstrut Hainich- circle are in the northwest of County calibration field, in the northeast of Kyffhauserkreis, in the east of the county Sömmerda, in the southeastern district of Gotha and in the southwest of Wartburg district. To the west of Unstrut Hainich borders the Werra- Meißner-Kreis in Hesse.
The northern part of the county, north of a line Obermehler - Kaisershagen - Bickenriede and Hainich between Struth and Weberstedt is attributed to the natural environment Hainich- fertilization Hainleite. The extreme west of the circle tangent to the natural space Werra Bergland- Hörselberge. The rest of the district is attributable to helmets Unstrut valley at Herb life and Unstrut within the Inner Thuringian acre hill country.
Hainich National Park, established in 1997 extends over the south of the district. He is the 13th national park in Germany. The Eichsfeld Hainich Werra Valley covers the western part of the Unstrut Hainich- circle. The Muehlhaeuser urban forest is designated as a conservation area. In Unstrut Hainich there are 33 protected landscape components, surface natural monuments and natural monuments (as of 15 December 2004).
Mountains and ridges
The elevations in the Unstrut Hainich be between 149 m at the Unstrut below Herb life and 517 m in the Rain at Struth. Other notable mountains and elevations are:
- Köhlerberg ( 504.7 m), north of Hüpstedt
- Rode ( 498.2 m), west of Struth
- High Rode ( 493.0 m ) in Eigenrieden
- Dörnerberg ( 478 m ) in Diedorf
- Winterstein ( 467.6 m ) in Heyerode
- Lohberg ( 468 m), southern Hainich
- Schlegelsberg ( 461.2 m ) in Faulungen
- Haardt ( 451.3 m), with chamber Forestry
- Forstberg ( 395.4 m), north of Mulhouse
- Lehdenberg ( Heilinger heights ) ( 367.6 m ) in Marolterode
- Teufelsberg ( 358.1 m) ( Large Harth ), in Wiegleben
- Wart Hill ( 323.6 m ), in Hollenbach
- Wartberg ( 276.8 m ) in Nägelstedt
- Red Mountain ( 240.2 m ) in Altengottern
The majority of the Unstrut Hainich- circle drained across the Unstrut and, in the northeastern part of the Saale and Elbe Helbe to. The West of the district lies with the waters Haselbach and Frieda in the catchment area of the rivers Werra and Weser. A significant standing water is the dam Seebach with an internal volume of 5 million cubic meters on a water area of 1.1 km ². The former marshland at Niederdorla is a lake today.
The Unstrut Hainich circle created on 1 July 1994 through the reorganization of the districts in Thuringia from the old district of Mulhouse ( MHL ) and the majority of the former district Langensalza ( LSZ ). Some communities of the district of Bad Langensalza went to the Wartburg district and the district of Gotha.
Development of the Population:
- 2000: 119 504
- 2001: 118 446
- 2002: 117 324
- 2003: 116 069
- 2004: 115 100
- 2005: 113 962
- 2006: 112 620
- 2007: 111 643
- 2008: 110 581
- 2009: 109 606
- 2010: 108 758
- 2011: 108 040
- 2012: 104 947
District of Unstrut Hainich- circle Harald Zanker (SPD). Assistant Secretary Unstrut Hainich- circle are Andreas Henning (CDU) and Norbert Mros (The Left ). The Administrative Court of Weimar declared on 15 July 2013, the re-election Zanker in 2012 for invalid because there had been a material breach of the electoral law before the election.
The 46 seats on the council are distributed as follows among the individual parties:
Coat of arms
The coat of arms Unstrut Hainich- circle takes into account the different historical affiliations of the former dominions.
- Black Eagle and the millstones: the former free imperial city of Mühlhausen with the associated communities represented so
- Red striped Lion: For former Landgraviate Thuringia associated communities are symbolized.
- Wheel of Mainz: The former Electorate of Mainz belonging to 1816 Prussian become Eichsfeld finds its expression here.
- Twelve Diges antlers: the former with the Principality of Schwarzburg -Rudolstadt belonging communities are represented with it.
An overview of the coat of arms of cities and villages of the district can be found in the list of the coat of arms in the Unstrut Hainich.
Economy and infrastructure
Wood and furniture production, electronics, roof tile production, worsted manufacture and the textile industry, in addition to the handicraft and agriculture major industries in the county. The Unstrut Hainich has an agricultural area of 73 488 ha The Unstrut Hainich had in February 2012, an unemployment rate of 12.4 percent. Thus, the district was above the national average of 9.7 percent, above the national average.
The district is crossed in a north-south direction from the B 247 and in East-West direction of B 249. The east of the circle is also crossed by the federal road 84; Bad Langensalza branches off from this the main road 176 in the direction Straußfurt. Connection to the motorway network is outside the district boundaries in Eisenach (BAB 4) and Leinefelde- Worbis or Bleicherode (BAB 38). Major country roads are the L - 1042 Andisleben Döllstedt - tonnage Bad Langensalza and L - 1016 Niedergebra Keula Mulhouse bailiwick - Mihla -Eisenach.
Most important railway line in the district is the railway line Gotha - Bad Langensalza - Mulhouse - Leinefelde, it is significant as a direct rail link to Erfurt and Göttingen with connectivity to ICE trains to Hanover and Hamburg. A regionally important branch line, which partly runs Unstrut Hainich, is the railway line Großheringen - Kölleda - Sömmerda - Straußfurt.
Decommissioned and partially degraded, the routes Mulhouse - Schlotheim, Straußfurt - Ballstedt, Mühlhausen - Heyerode - Treffurt and Leinefelde - Dingelstädt - Geismar ( " Kanonenbahn ").
Moreover, public transport is guaranteed by regional bus lines of the regional bus company Unstrut Hainich and Kyffhauserkreis, which is located in 100% ownership of the district.
For small private aircraft in the circuit has the airfield Obermehler vent home in Mühlhausen.
Cities and Towns
See also: List of places in the Unstrut Hainich
(Population at 31 December 2012)
Cities ¹ Member municipality to an administrative community
Management Communities * Head of Community Management
- 2 Management Community Unstrut Hainich ( 6555 )
- 3 Management Community Schlotheim ( 8003 )
Regarding the terms " administrative community " or " community -fulfilling " see administrative community in Thuringia.
- Merger of the municipalities Heyerode, Catherine Berg, Hildebrandshausen and Lengenfeld under the stone to the municipality Südeichsfeld (1 December 2011)
- Resolution of the communities Langula, Niederdorla and Oberdorla - Formation of the rural community bailiwick. This is fulfilling community for chamber Forestry and Oppershausen ( 31 December 2012)
- Resolution of the administrative community Diedorf - Formation of community Catherine mountain from the member municipalities (15 June 1992)
- Resolution of the administrative community Unstrut Luhne - Formation of community Unstruttal from the member communities (September 1, 1995)
- Resolution of the administrative community Menteroda - Formation of community Menteroda from the member municipalities (1st August 1996)
- Resolution of the administrative community Landgraben -West - education of the community Anrode from the member communities (1 January 1997 )
- Resolution of the administrative community Hildebrandshausen / Lengenfeld under the stone - Formation of community Südeichsfeld from the member communities (1 December 2011)
- Resolution of the administrative community Bailiwick - Formation of the rural community bailiwick of the member communities Langula, Niederdorla and Oberdorla ( 31 December 2012)