History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Earth horse戊午( at the beginning of the year Fire Snake丁巳)
Syria: 1329/30 ( the year in October )
- Secured 3.1 Date of Death
- 3.2 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- January 30: Peace of Bautzen between the Polish duke Boleslaw I and King Henry II Lusatia and the Milzenerland be polish ( to 1031 )
- July 29: In the Battle of Vlaardingen Dietrich wins III. Holland via a delegated by Emperor Henry II army under the Duke of Lower Lorraine Godfrey II. Dietrich III. can not only claim his property, he may in addition have also recorded with the permission of the Emperor of Vlaardingen from the passing merchants inches after the victory.
- OCTOBER 1: The Battle of Cannae in Apulia, Italy, between the Normans and Byzantines ends with the defeat of the Normans under Meles of Bari.
- Alpthal is first mentioned.
- Oliva de Besalu, abbot of the monastery of Santa Maria de Ripoll, is bishop of Vic.
- Bagrat IV, King of Georgia († 1072 )
- Ferdinand I ("the Great " ), King of Castile and León ( † 1065 )
- Ryksa of Poland, Queen of Hungary ( † after 1059 )
- Wen Tong, Chinese painter († 1079 )
More death unknown
- Abd ar -Rahman IV, Caliph of Córdoba
- Aldhun of Durham; Bishop of Lindisfarne and Durham (c. 959 )
- Ali ibn al - Hammud Nasir, Caliph of Córdoba
- Gerlach, Count of Niederlahngau
- Harold II, King of Denmark (c. 995 )
- Henry I, Margrave of Austria
- Henry I, Bishop of Würzburg
- Ivan Vladislav, Tsar of the Bulgarians
- William II, Count of Provence (c. 987 )