History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Hare wood乙卯( at the beginning of the year Wood Tiger甲寅)
Syria: 1326/27 ( the year in October )
- Secured 3.1 Date of Death
- 3.2 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- The Dane Knut the Great, who makes his claim to power after his father died the previous year Sven Forkbeard contends incident with an invading army in England and fought against returned from exile King Æthelred.
- Olav II Haraldsson becomes King of Norway. In a meeting he sits against Håkon Eiriksson, the Viceroy died the previous year by Sven Forkbeard.
Religion / Culture
- SEPTEMBER 29: Bishop Bernward of Hildesheim inaugurates the finished Michael's Church in Hildesheim. The church has probably started in the year 1010.
- Construction of Strasbourg Cathedral.
- Andreas I., King of Hungary († 1060 )
- Harald III. Hardrade, King of Norway ( † 1066)
- Gruoch, Scottish princess and queen, model for Shakespeare's Lady MacBeth († 1035-1057 )
- 1015: Alfanus of Salerno, poet, translator and archbishop of Salerno ( † 1085 )
- 1015: Altmann of Passau, monastery founder and Bishop († 1091 )
- 1015/1020: Franco of Liege, mathematician ( † around 1083 )