Lambrecht (Pfalz ) is a town in the district of Bad Durkheim in the Palatinate. It is the administrative seat of the municipality of the same name.
- 4.1 City Council
- 4.2 Coat of Arms
- 5.1 Construction and Natural Monuments
- 5.2 Regular events
- 6.1 Economics
- 6.2 Education and training
- 6.3 traffic
- 7.1 Sons and daughters of the town
- 7.2 People who have worked on site
Lambrecht is surrounded by the Palatinate Forest and is traversed by Speyerbach.
The highest mountain is the imperial garden with 519 m above sea level. NN.
The 8.32 km ² ( = 832 ha) are broken down as follows:
In the year 977 Lambrecht is mentioned for the first time in a document; Duke Otto of Worms ( Otto I (Carinthia ) ) donated in place Greven Hausen the Benedictine monastery of St. Lambrecht. 1553, that monastery was dissolved, however. 1568 were the buildings of the abandoned monastery of St. Lambrecht, including houses, churches, fields by the Elector Friedrich III. left at home sold Walloons asylum.
1838/1839 joined together the neighboring villages of St. Lambrecht and Greven Hausen, the double name of St. Lambrecht - Greven Hausen was led to the city survey 1887. On August 25, 1849 Lambrecht was the opening leg of the Neustadt- Frankenstein (as completion of the Rhine -Saar- route for coal transport ) railway station. On December 21, 1887 Lambrecht city rights have been granted.
On March 1, 1972, the municipality Lambrecht (Pfalz ) was formed. The inclusion of administrative activities took place on 1 January 1973.
Lambrecht has an autonomous Catholic parish ( Sacred Heart ). The Catholic church is the bearer of the Catholic daycare St. Lambertus. The pastor in the parish community care alongside Lambrecht also the municipalities of Lindenberg, Neidenfels - Frankeneck and Weidenthal - Frankenstein. The parish is part of the parish Lambrecht Association Neustadt (wine road ) in the Dean's Office Bad Durkheim and belongs to the Diocese of Speyer.
Together with the neighboring town of Lindenberg there exists a Protestant church. Lambrecht is part of the Protestant Deanery Neustadt in the Evangelical Church of the Palatinate.
In 2007, 43.8 percent of the population Protestant and 30.4 percent Catholic. The other belonged to a different religion or no religious affiliation were.
The council Lambrecht consists of 20 council members, who were elected at the municipal election on 7 June 2009, and the honorary mayor as chairman city.
Allocation of seats in the elected City Council:
Coat of arms
The blazon of the arms is: divided from black and green, above a rotbewehrter, bezungter - and - crowned golden lion, down three silver lambs.
It was established in 1887 approved by the Bavarian Prince Regent and is based on a seal of 1707. Palatinate The lion is reminiscent of the former membership of the Electoral Palatinate. The sheep symbolize the flourishing cloth industry in the 16th century.
Culture and sights
Administrative building of the municipality
Dating from 1907, Waldhaus Lambert Cross is the oldest lodge of the Palatinate Forest Association
Construction and natural monuments
- List of cultural monuments in Lambrecht (Pfalz )
- List of natural monuments in Lambrecht (Pfalz )
- Pecking eggs on Easter Monday at the picking station
- Delivery of the Tribute Geißbockes as part of the Billy Goat auction to Deidesheim on Whit Tuesday
- Billy Goat Festival on the " Marx parking " factory street opposite the sports field " Jahnwiese "
- Lambrechter Billy Goat Kerwe, on the 1st Saturday in August
- Summer evening music in the former monastery church
- Christmas market
- Every two years: exhibition based in Lambrecht and surrounding businesses
- Billy Goat MTB Marathon
Economy and infrastructure
Lambrecht (Pfalz ) was long considered a cloth town. With the immigrant Huguenots in the 16th century, more specifically with the Walloons from Belgium, a prosperous clothier economy developed in Lambrecht (Pfalz ). This resulted, for example, in the Walloons Street, a street in downtown Lambrechts, a veritable draper center with many small weavings.
At this time the old one, provided with bay guild house is reminiscent of the years 1606/ 07 release. The magnificent building dates back to a wealthy Walloon immigrants,
After the Industrial Revolution, many companies did not make the leap to a factory scale. Nevertheless, there were in 1931 nine textile mills and only in the 1960's, however, came the final "out " for the cloth making.
In the historic buildings of a former textile mill, the company Jola Special K. Mattil & Co. KG manufactures devices for level control and leak detection since the 1950s. In another cloth factory today felts, paper machine clothing and needle felts are produced. Even otherwise, a medium-sized suppliers has trained.
In addition to these establishments include tourism and to a lesser extent the forestry to the economic factors of the city, which also has retail outlets, craft shops and service providers that cover your daily needs.
In Lambrecht (Pfalz ), there are three kindergartens and two general education schools. As a secondary school is a secondary school plus on site. High schools are located in the larger neighboring town of Neustadt on the Wine Route. As an institution of adult education, the community college and the PfalzAkademie are available.
- Protestant kindergarten " Noah's Ark"
- Catholic daycare " St. Lambertus "
- Urban Kindergarten " Rappelkiste "
- Hort in the Evangelical Kindergarten for school children
- Primary school Lambrecht
- Realschule plus Lambrecht
- Community college community association Lambrecht
- Lambrecht lies on the Palatine St. James ( Speyer- Hornbach ), an ancient pilgrimage.
- The museum railway Kuckucksbähnel ( Neustadt on the Wine Route - Elmstein ) also stops at Lambrecht railway station.
- S- Bahn Rhein Neckar wrong with the lines S1 and S2 on the Palatine Ludwig Railway.
- The B 39 through the town.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Pieter Schoubroeck (around 1570-1607 ), painter
- Louis Louis (1814-1894), politician
- Emil Fraenger (1856-1941), jurist
- Heinrich Lieser (1879 - after 1947 ), politician ( SPD)
- Hermann Alker (1885-1967), architect
- Louis Emrich (1893-1974), journalist, writer and forecasters
- Rudolf Roehrig (1903-1970), politician ( NSDAP)
- Albert Henz (* 1954), Protestant theologian
Those who worked on site
- Dr. Bernhard Würschmitt (November 21, 1788 - June 18, 1853 ) was a Catholic priest and famous creative artists (painters, sculptors, etc.). He held office from 1826 to 1828 as pastor of Greven Hausen. In the cath. Church of Lambrecht come the high altar painting " Crucifixion ", the oil painting " Immaculate Mary " and an exceptional pulpit confessional of his hand.
- Kurt Faber (1883-1929), adventurer, travel writer; Youth in Lambrecht (Pfalz )
- Bernhard Kimmel (* 1936), Crook ( " Al Capone of the Palatinate " ), grew up in Lambrecht
- Wolf -Michael Weber ( * 19? ), Worked occasionally at Lambrechter company Heka Electronics
- Eckart Wollin and Harald Brück (1964-1966) who studied in the specialized textile and engineering school.