2000 Cannes Film Festival
The 53rd International Film Festival of Cannes 2000 took place between 21 May 2000 May 10.
In the competition of the festival 2000, the following films were shown in:
* = Golden Palm
This year, Luc Besson was president of the jury. He stood before a jury with the following members: Nicole Garcia, Arundhati Roy, Aitana Sánchez- Gijón, Kristin Scott Thomas, Barbara Sukowa, Jonathan Demme, Jeremy Irons, Mario Martone and Patrick Modiano.
- Palme d'Or: Dancer in the Dark by Lars von Trier
- Grand Jury Prize: Guizi lai le
- Jury Prize: Sånger från andra våningen and Blackboards
- Best Actor: Tony Leung in In the Mood for Love
- Best Actress: Björk in Dancer in the Dark
- Best Director: Edward Yang for A One and a Two
- Best Screenplay: James Flamberge and John C. Richards for Nurse Betty
- Technology Award: Christopher Doyle and Pin Bing Lee (camera), William Chang ( Designer) - each for In the Mood for Love
- FIPRESCI Prize: Yurika
- Prize of the Ecumenical Jury: Yurika Special Prize of the Ecumenical Jury: Code - Unknown and Fast Food Fast Women
In the Un Certain Regard were presented this year, among others the following films:
Farewell. Brecht's Last Summer by Jan Schütte, Famous by Griffin Dunne, me You, you - Darlene men of Andrucha Waddington, I Dreamed of Africa by Hugh Hudson, Lost Killers Dito Tsintsadze, Woman on Top by Fina Torres. This year, the film feelings that you can see the Colombian director Rodrigo García Un Certain Regard prize was awarded.