Pellegrue is a commune with 990 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011) in the Gironde department in the region of Aquitaine. She was one of 17 February 1800 to 10 September 1926 Arrondissement de La Réole whose district was then beaten to Langon arrondissement. Pellegrue is the main town ( chef -lieu ) of the canton of the same name.
The settlement arose from a Bastide; it is located on Route 672 between national Sainte -Foy- la -Grande and Sauveterre -de- Guyenne. Pellegrue is located on Via Lemovicensis, the French route.
- The church of Saint -André was built in the 13th century with a ground plan in the form of a Latin cross. The west facade is Romanesque, the tower was built in the 19th century in Neo-Byzantine style. Since 1925 she is a monument historique.
- The castle, Château du Puch de Gensac, was built in the 13th century and enlarged in the 16th and 17th centuries. It's historique since 1994 Monument.