Targon is a commune with 1837 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011) in the Gironde department in the region of Aquitaine. It is the main town ( chef-lieu ) of the canton of the same name.
In 1562 Targon was pulled from the Huguenot wars affected.
Targon was one of the six communities that were part of the February 17, 1800 from existing until September 10, 1926 Arrondissement La Réole and went to the district Langon.
The Romanesque church of Saint -Romain dates from the 12th century