Sauveterre -de- Guyenne is a commune with 1811 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011) in the Gironde department in the region of Aquitaine. It is the main town ( chef -lieu ) of the canton of the same name and located in the valley of the river Vignague.
The Bastide, from the Sauveterre -de- Guyenne emerged, is dated to the year 1281.
The locality was dated 17 February 1800 to 10 September 1926 Arrondissement de La Réole, then to the district Langon. In 1965, the former municipalities of Le Puch, Saint -Léger -de- Vignague and Saint- Romain -de- Vignague were incorporated.
Economy and infrastructure
Sauveterre -de- Guyenne is located on the Route nationale 670, a trunk road. The place is involved in the wine region of Entre -deux- Mers, and has its own tourist office.
- The church of Notre -Dame
- The old city gate is classified as " historical monument ".
- Sottrum, Lower Saxony, Germany ( since 1973)
- Olite, Navarra, Spain ( since 1988)