2018 Winter Paralympics
The 12th Winter Paralympics will be held in the South Korean city of Pyeongchang. The Paralympics is the Olympics for people with physical disabilities and find following the 2018 Winter Olympics from 9 to March 18, 2018 instead. The agreement of the host countries with the International Olympic Committee ( IOC) specifies that the Paralympics are using the same venue as the Olympic Games.
There are according to the 1988 Summer Games in Seoul, the second Olympic and Paralympic Games in South Korea. For Pyeongchang it was after the almost failed applications in 2010 and 2014, the third attempt of an application. For the alignment also Annecy and Munich had applied.
Selection of the venue
The decision to host the Paralympics and the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in 2018 precipitated the International Olympic Committee (IOC ) as part of its congress in Durban on July 6, 2011. Pyeongchang won through against Munich and Annecy against (France) by.
Alpensia Resort ( " snow region" )
- Alpensia Biathlon Center - Biathlon
- Alpensia Nordic Center - cross-country
- Olympic Park Hoenggye - opening and closing ceremonies, medal ceremonies
- Yongpyong Ski Resort - Alpine Skiing
Gangneung ( " coastal region " )
- Gangneung Ice Rink - Curling
- Gangneung Kwandong University Arena Hockey
- Bokwang Phoenix Park - Snowboard