2008 24 Hours of Le Mans
The 24 - hour race at Le Mans in 2008, the 76e Grand Prix d' Endurance les 24 Heures du Mans, was the 76th edition of the 24 -hour race of Le Mans.
The race, held traditionally at the Circuit des 24 Heures, was organized by the Automobile Club de l' Ouest and launched on 14 June by 15 clock. The race was attended by 258,000 spectators. Allan McNish, Rinaldo Capello and Tom Kristensen won the race in the Audi R10 TDI and with it went the third consecutive victory for the vehicle at the 24 - hour race at Le Mans. Record winner Kristensen won for the eighth time in total. In the LMP2 class Van Merksteijn Motorsport won the Porsche RS Spyder. Aston Martin Racing won the GT1 class in the Aston Martin DBR9. Risi Competizione secured the class win in the GT2 class in the Ferrari F430.
Pilot after Nations
- Starter: 55
- Weather during the race weekend: rain at night
- Distance: 13.629 km
- Distance of the winning team: 5192.650 km
- Winners section: 216.300 km / h
- Pole Position: Stéphane Sarrazin - Peugeot 908 Hdi FAP (# 8) - 3.18.513
- Fastest race lap: Stéphane Sarrazin - Peugeot 908 Hdi FAP (# 8) - 3.19.394