Amberg is a town in the Swabian district of Lower Allgäu region and a member of the administrative community Türk home.
- 2.1 Population development
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
- 3.2 flag
- 4.1 monuments
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 5.2 Education
- 6.1 Sons and daughters of the town
- 6.2 personalities associated with the community
Amberg is located in the Danube -Iller region in central Bavaria.
Expansion of the municipal area
The municipality consists of only the district of Amberg.
Amberg was first mentioned in 1170 as welfisches Good. The construction of the parish church was begun in 1249, it was originally dedicated to John the Baptist and got 1399 the patronal feast of the Visitation. After several changes of ownership, the village belonged from 1540 Bartholomew Welser, who built a castle there, which was demolished after 1775. Welser's heirs sold their property in 1601, which fell further changes of ownership to the monastery of Gaden stone. The closed Hofmark located in the Electorate of Bavaria was under the sovereignty of Bavarian rule Schwabegg. In the course of administrative reform in Bavaria, was born with the congregation of 1818, the current community.
In the field of community lived 1810 280 inhabitants, in 1970 there were 736, 1987, 994 and in 2000 1,279.
Mayor Peter Kneipp (CDU Association ). He was the successor of Johann Bäßler (CDU Association ) in 2002.
The municipal tax revenue amounted to the equivalent of € 650 thousand in 1999, which amounted to the trade tax revenues ( net) converted € 262 thousand.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on 4 October 1979 communication from the Government of Swabia.
Blazon: " Over blue sign foot, in concentric silver sheets ( radio waves), cleaved by silver and red with a heraldic lily in confused colors. "
The place was in the 16th century, from whose coat of arms heraldic lily was taken over in confused colors owned by the famous Augsburg patrician family Welser. Since 1972, the strongest shortwave broadcasting facility in Europe dominated the townscape, which is why the radio waves in the sign - have been associated with the presentation - a heraldic convincing way.
The design and the design of the coat of arms took over the Hechendorf Heinz C. Bessling.
The flag is blue - white - blue ( 1:1:1) with striped hook coat of arms.
Culture and sights
→ List of monuments in Amberg ( Lower Allgäu )
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
There were 1998 in the field of agriculture and forestry none, in the manufacturing sector and 44 in the area of trade and transport any social insurance contributions at the workplace. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 447 in the manufacturing sector, there were none, in the construction of four plants. In 1999, there were 35 farms with an agricultural area of 761 hectares. Of these, 450 hectares of permanent grassland.
In 1999 there were the following facilities:
- Kindergarten: 50 kindergarten places with 50 children
Sons and daughters of the town
- Paul Gedler (* 1715 in Amberg, † 1790), Altar Bauer
- Anton Städele (* 1873 in Amberg, † 1956), editor of the "New free people's newspaper" in Munich, Member of Parliament
Personalities associated with the community
- Bartholomew Welser V. (* 1484, † 1561 in Amberg ), Augsburg patrician and merchant,