Wolfertschwenden is a municipality in the Swabian district of Lower Allgäu region and a member of the administrative community Gronenbach.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 2.2 Population development
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 monuments
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry 5.1.1 Largest employers
Expansion of the municipal area
The municipality consists of the districts Wolfertschwenden, Dietratried and low- village.
The municipality Wolfertschwenden include the places Wolfertschwenden Boss Arts, Dietratried and low- village.
In Wolfertschwenden the Iller Valley opens into a narrow valley with steep slopes, the so-called Ehwiesmühltal. Since time immemorial, the idyllic valley is a popular tourist destination. Previously, many mills were an important economic factor in the stream. Today, the groundwater resources are important for the water supply of many communities.
Memory of earlier
Northeast of Lower village on the upper edge of the slope close to the hamlet Boss Arts are the so-called Geological organs. It is formed naturally, as tubes ( weathering vents ) in the soil. In strong winds, the air vibrates in these tubes and one hears organ like tones.
Guide to the Geological organs
Postal among the organs
Like jungle thicket in the organs
Archaeological finds near the town Wolfertschwenden occupy a settlement activities already during the Roman era. Documented Wolfertschwenden has already been mentioned about the middle of the 9th century and Lower village founded in the 11th century by Wolfertschwenden from. The brothers Hawin, Albrecht and Kuonrad, sons of Hathos of Wolfertschwenden, donated in 1093 the Benedictine monastery Ochsenhausen and gave it to the monastery of St. Blaise. Her sister Hemma of Wolfertschwenden, the heiress of the Hathos was ( in Surselva in Raetia ) married to a Barons of sagogn, who died before the foundation of Rot an der Rot ( 1126 ), and 1137 with her son chuno of sagogn mentioned. The year foundations of this family went regularly to Rot an der Rot. The monastery Ottobeuren was wealthy in Wolfertschwenden since 1145. The castle Wolfertschwenden today Schlossberg was the seat ottobeurischer vassals. Dietratried was first mentioned in 1365. Wolfertschwenden belonged from 1699 almost closed to the possession of the kingdom pin Ottobeuren and came to the kingdom in 1803 to Bavaria.
On July 1, 1972, came in the framework of municipal reform in Bavaria, the voluntary connection of 1818 incurred communities Dietratried and Lower Village.
On the territory of the commune were 1970 1.117, 1987 1.440 2000 1.744 inhabitants and counted in the year.
Christian Social Union
Mayor Karl Fleschhut ( non-party group of voters ).
In April 2007, the exit from the administrative community Gronenbach in the Bavarian Landtag was requested, which was refused.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on 11 January 1960 decision of the Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior.
Blazon: "Divided; Up In Blue is a growing golden lion, down in silver on green Dreienberg a deciduous tree. "
The coat of arms was the personal coat of arms of Abbot Honorat Göhl of Ottobeuren, of the kingdom of pin Ottobeuren board from 1767 to 1802. The monastery had been around since the 12th century, the church in Wolfertschwenden and the largest part of Lower Village (low Wolfertschwenden ). The coat of arms of the abbot was installed shortly after 1767 in connection with a restoration of the tower of the church in Wolfertschwenden directly under the dial.
The design and the design of the coat of arms come from Nördlinger Rudolf Mussgnug.
Culture and sights
→ List of monuments in Wolfertschwenden
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
It was in 1998 according to official statistics in the field of agriculture and forestry 6, 844 in manufacturing and in trade and transport 46 persons work at the workplace. In other areas, were employed to social security at the workplace 31 people. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 622 in the manufacturing sector and in construction there were no farms. In 1999, there were 34 farms with an agricultural area of 788 hectares, of which 196 were arable land and 591 permanent grassland.
- Pester pac automation
- Multivac Sepp Haggenmüller, packaging machines
- Andreae -Noris Zahn AG, branch Allgäu
The nearest motorway junction is 2 km: The connection point No. 131 Gronenbach the Federal Highway 7 railway connection by public transport is via the railway station Gronenbach in about 2 km away.
There are the following facilities: 50 nursery places and a primary school with four classes.
- Hawin, Albrecht and Chuonradt, brothers of Wolfertschwenden, sons of hatos, founder of the Benedictine monastery Ochsenhausen in 1093rd
- Theodor Henkel (1855-1934), pioneer of Dairy Science.
- Hermann Zick, mayor from 1978 to 1990
- Johann rice Acher, mayor from 1948 to 1952
- Johann Fleschhut ( b. 1956 ), mayor of Grönebach 1987-2002, district administrator in the district Ostallgaeu since 2002.