Arandilla is a municipality ( municipio ) with 175 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013) in the Spanish province of Burgos in the autonomous community of Castile -Leon.
Arandilla lies on the northwestern shore of the Río Arandilla at an altitude of about 900 meters above sea level. inst. , the nearest large town, Penaranda de Duero is about eight km ( driving distance ) away in a southwesterly direction. Until after Aranda de Duero, there are a further 18 kilometers to the west. Also worth seeing is the a listed place Coruña del Conde ( five kilometers north-east ).
In the 19th century Arandilla always had about 350 inhabitants; its largest population with 592 people reached the site in 1920. Due to the mechanization of agriculture and the resulting lower demand for labor, the population has been declining since the mid-20th century.
The small town was and is influenced to a large extent on agriculture; are grown mainly wheat and barley. The place belongs to the wine region of Ribera del Duero. Since the mid-20th century, tourism (holiday house) is a major source of revenue of the municipality.
- The single-nave parish church with its bell tower ( espadaña ) is in the middle of the town, dating from the 16th/17th. Century.
- The former Hermit Church ( Ermita San Isidro ) is built from mostly from barely worked quarry stone and situated on a hill above the village. The oldest part is the west tower, which originally served as a watchtower. Covered by an open roof - - nave added, containing the portal is as usual in the region on the south side of the 12th century that was. Built out larger and more uniform stones approximately square apse could still be a little younger, because it is a little higher and is externally supported by buttresses.