The company Saleen Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California United States was a vehicle manufacturer of sports cars for the road and on the racetrack. Saleen Inc. was founded in 1983 by Steve Saleen. 2009 Saleen became insolvent and stopped all activities. The company was also known, especially in the United States for their vehicle tuning to current as well as previous models of the Ford Mustang series, which have been modified according to customer requirements or manufactured in small series.
- Saleen S7, 2000-2008
- Saleen Raptor S5S
- S281/S302 Coupe and Cabriolet 3V (based on Ford Mustang )
- S281/S302 Coupe and Cabriolet Supercharged (based on Ford Mustang )
- S281/S302 Coupe and Cabriolet Extreme (based on Ford Mustang )
- H281/H302 Coupe 3V ( Mustang BOSS ) (based on Ford Mustang )
- H281/H302 Coupe Supercharged ( Mustang BOSS ) (based on Ford Mustang )
- S331 Pick -up Truck SuperCrew four -door (base Ford F150 pick- up)
- S331 Pick- up Truck Supercab 2 -door (base Ford F150 pick- up)
- Focus S121 N20 with nitro injection (laughing gas / nitrous oxide ) (base Ford Focus )
While the activity of Saleen Inc. limited in the models S281/S302, S331 and S121 on the vehicle tuning, the Saleen S7 was a completely self-developed super sports car.
Saleen in movies
- In the film Transformers a Saleen S281 Coupe is seen as Extreme police car.
- In the movie Bruce Almighty co-star Jim Carrey drives a Saleen S7.
- In the movie Shaggy Dog Trey, the friend of Carly drives a Saleen S121 N20 Focus.
- In the movie Hollywood Homicide moves K. C. Calden Josh Hartnett a Saleen S281 SC 2003 ( Cabriolet )