Thung Yai District
Amphoe Thung Yai ( Thai: อำเภอ ทุ่งใหญ่ ) is a district ( Amphoe - administrative district ) in the west of the province of Nakhon Si Thammarat. The Nakhon Si Thammarat Province is located in the southern region of Thailand, about 780 km south of Bangkok on the east coast of the Malay Peninsula to the Gulf of Thailand.
Neighbouring districts (from north clockwise): Amphoe Tham the Phannara, Chawang, Na Bon, Thung Song and Bang Khan in the province of Nakhon Si Thammarat, Amphoe Lam Thap which, Khao Phanom, and in the province of Krabi and Phrasaeng in the province of Surat Thani.
The largest river of the district is Maenam Tapi ( Tapi River ).
In 1906, Tambon Ku Rae from Amphoe Thung Song separated and sub-district ( King Amphoe ) Ku Rae appointed. In 1909, when the administration was moved to Tambon Tha Yang, the subdistrict in Tha Yang was renamed after the central tambon. As Tha Yang should be promoted on 1 April 1961 a Amphoe, the name of Tha Yang was already assigned to a county in the province of Phetchaburi. He was named Thung Yai to another Tambon.
Amphoe Thung Yai is divided into seven communities ( tambon) divided, in turn, in 63 villages ( Muban ) are divided.
Tha Yang ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล ท่ายาง ) is also the name of a small town ( thesaban tambon) in the district, it consists of parts of the tambon Tha Yang.
In addition, there are seven " Tambon Administrative Organizations" (TAO, องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล - administrative organizations) in the district.