Phetchaburi ( Thai: เพชรบุรี, pronounced [ p ʰ ʰ étt͡ɕ áʔbùʔri ː ], colloquially [ p ʰ étbùʔri ː ] translates: " diamond city " ) is a province ( Changwat ) in the southern part of central Thailand. The capital of the Phetchaburi Province Phetchaburi is also called.
- 2.1 Data
The province is located at the northern end of the Malay Peninsula, about 170 kilometers southwest of the capital, Bangkok. Geographically, the territory is divided quite different: to the east lies the coast of the Gulf of Thailand, to the west it rises up into the Tenasserim mountain range that forms a natural border with Myanmar ( Burma).
In this area is 3000 km ² the Kaeng Krachan National Park. It occupies about half of the province and is Thailand 's largest park area. He is mostly covered with rain forest in the mountains along the border with Myanmar, also here is the Kaeng Krachan Dam. In the province there are numerous caves. The most impressive is called " Khao Luang " and is located near the provincial capital. Through a hole in the cave ceiling issued there Buddha statues are illuminated in an impressive way.
The rest of the province is flat land, cultivated with rice and fruits.
- Cha -am
The climate is tropical and monsunal. In 2009 the maximum temperature was 37.2 ° C, the lowest temperature was 19.0 ° C. At 99 days there were in the same period Niederschläöge totaling 871.3 mm.
For centuries, sugar cane is grown in the province that was formerly in the production of cane sugar, but is now also used for the production of eco - fuel.
The minimum wage in the province of Phetchaburi is 250 baht ( about 5.50 €, date April 1, 2012 ).
For the province, the following land use is documented:
- Forest area: 2,115,132 Rai ( 3384.2 km ²), 54.4 % of the total
- The utilized agricultural area: 649 459 Rai ( 1039.1 km ²), 16.7 % of the total
- Not classified area: 1.12612 million Rai ( 1801.8 km ²), 28.9 % of the total
The history of the area dates back to the time of the Mon in the 8th century, but even before that here was an important commercial center.
In the wake of the conquests of King Ramkhamhaeng Phetchaburi came in the 13th century as a vassal to Sukhothai, the first Thai kingdom of. After its acquisition by the Ayutthaya area remained under Siamese influence. In 1350 it was incorporated with the coronation of King Ramathibodi I. the kingdom.
In the 17-18. Century this was evidently a center of art, as the most beautiful paintings in Wat Yai Suvannaram and show in the Wat Kaeo Sutharam.
King Mongkut (Rama IV ) was near the town of Phetchaburi build a palace, which is known as Khao Wang is known in general, and is now part of the historical parks Phra Nakhon Khiri.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms of the province of Phetchaburi in the background shows the Palace Khao Wang, in front of rice fields between two palm trees are located. This symbolizes the main products of the province.
The local tree is Jambulbaum ( Eugenia cumini ).
The motto of Phetchaburi province is:
- National Parks: The National Park Kaeng Krachan National Park in Thailand is 28 set in 1981, 2914.7 km ² in size, forms the watershed of the rivers Phetchaburi and Pranburi.
The province is divided into 8 districts ( Amphoe ). These are further divided into 93 communes ( tambon) and 681 villages ( Muban ) divided.
In the province there are two cities ( เทศบาล เมือง - thesaban Mueang ): Petchaburi ( เทศบาล เมือง เพชรบุรี ) and Cha -Am ( เทศบาล เมือง ชะอำ ). In addition, there are 13 small towns ( เทศบาล ตำบล - thesaban tambon).