Phitsanulok ( Thai: พิษณุโลก ) is a province ( Changwat ) in the northern region of Thailand. The provincial capital is also called Phitsanulok Phitsanulok.
- 3.1 Data
- 3.2 Land Use
- 4.1 railway
- 4.2 airport
- 5.1 universities
The Phitsanulok province lies about 400 kilometers north of the capital Bangkok. Phitsanulok is the nexus for traffic and trade between the actual north ( Chiang Mai ), the Northeast Isan and the Central Region ( Bangkok). The province is characterized by flat landscapes and southern foothills of the mountain ranges behind India. The land is very fertile and is watered by the Maenam Nan.
- Wang Thong
- Maenam Nan, Kwai River, Wang Thong ( also called Khek River, interesting tourist - white water rafting, waterfalls )
The climate is tropical and monsunal with an average annual temperature of 27.6 ° C. The maximum temperature in 2008 was 39.5 ° C, the lowest temperature was measured at 10.4 ° C. At 119 days of rain fell in the same year 1348.6 mm of precipitation.
The population consists overwhelmingly of Thai. In addition, however resettlement of descendants of bonded laborers abducted from Siamese Laos, the Lao khrang (the total number in Thailand is 53,000 ). Only 0.7 % are members of hill tribes. 0.1 % are Muslim and 0.3 % Christian, the rest is Buddhist faith.
Economic importance and
In 2009, the "Gross Provincial Product" was (gross domestic product ) of the province 61 661 million baht. The official minimum wage in the province is 227 baht per day ( about 5 €, date April 1, 2012 ).
For the province, the following land use is documented:
- Forest area: 2,484,607 Rai ( 3975.4 km ²), 36.8 % of the total
- The utilized agricultural area: 2,498,776 Rai ( 3998.0 km ²), 37.0 % of the total
- Not classified area: 1,776,526 Rai ( 2842.4 km ²), 26.3 % of the total
Due to the north of the city Phitsanulok located Naresuan Dam approximately 97,000 ha of arable land is irrigated.
Phitsanulok is a transportation hub for land transport to and from Northern Thailand.
- Phitsanulok train station (Northern Line )
- Phitsanulok Airport ( IATA: PHS), with connections to Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
- Naresuan University
The oldest city in the region is the capital of Phitsanulok, founded in the 11th century, at that time commanded Song Kwae and about 5 km south of today's city center location. The area came under the influence of the Kingdom of Sukhothai, as the Kingdom spread west and ousted the Khmer from this area. In the 15th century Phitsanulok was for a short time even the capital of the successor state Ayutthaya. She served in this way as a bulwark against the enemies thronging from the north.
Phitsanulok in the sequence was an important training center for elite soldiers of the Empire. King Naresuan, who was able to expel the Burmese in 1587, was born here. According to him, the University of Phitsanulok is named.
In the 1970s, held in the northern and eastern part of the province communist guerrillas on who fought against the government and eventually could be sold.
- Sakunothayan Arboretum - Botanical Garden on Highway 12 with a waterfall beautifully situated.
- Valley of Maenam Wang Thong ( Wang Thong River, also called Khaek River ) with its rapids and waterfalls.
- National Parks: National Park Thung Luang Salaeng
- National Park Phu Hin Rong Kla
- National Park Namtok Chat Trakan - the waterfall Chat Trakan forms the source of the River Kwai
Coat of arms
The coat of arms shows the Phra Buddha Chinnarat, one of the most beautiful Buddha images in Thailand's classical Sukhothai style. The figure stands at Wat Phra Sri Rattana Mahathat Phitsanulok, named Wat Yai.
The local tree is the jasmine tree (also Indian cork tree, Millingtonia hortensis ), the local flower is the yellow flame tree ( Laburnum, Flamboyant ) Peltophorum pterocarpum.
The motto of the province of Phitsanulok is:
The province is divided into 9 districts ( Amphoe ). The districts are further subdivided into 93 subdistricts (tambon ) and 993 villages ( Muban ).
In the province there is a large city ( เทศบาล นคร - thesaban Nakhon ) Phitsanulok ( เทศบาล นคร พิษณุโลก ). There are also 18 small cities ( เทศบาล ตำบล - thesaban tambon).