Nakhon Nayok Province
Nakhon Nayok ( Thai: นครนายก ) is a province ( Changwat ) in central Thailand. The province is known as the starting point for excursions into the Khao Yai National Park.
The northern part of the province is located in the mountainous area of the Dong Phaya Yen mountains - which are also part of the Khao Yai National Park. The highest peak is 1,292 meters high Yod Khao Kiev. The central part of the province is flat alluvial plain, which was formed by the Nakhon Nayok River, while the south has largely barren ground.
The main Wasseressource the province is the Nakhon Nayok River - ( Thai แม่น้ำ นครนายก - Maenam Nakhon Nayok ). It ends at Pak Nam Yothaka in Amphoe Ban Sang ( Prachinburi province ) in the Prachinburi River ( Thai: แม่น้ำ ปราจีนบุรี - Maenam Prachinburi ), which from then on Bang Pa Kong River ( Thai: แม่น้ำ บางปะกง - Maenam Bang Pa Kong ) is called.
The Nakhon Nayok province has a history of over 900 years. The first settlement probably happened already during the Dvaravati period, such finds in the village of Ban Dong Lakhon show south of the provincial capital. In the time of King U Thong, the founder of the Kingdom of Ayutthaya, it was a garrison on the eastern border. Although it was only a forested but otherwise barren area at the time, it was called Ban Na ( village of the rice field ). By jungle fever and unproductive agriculture the settlers but were forced to settle elsewhere. Only in the Rattanakosin period, a new community was founded, but that only because the king that the tax is raised here on rice fields. Therefore, the city Mueang Na Yok was called, which is called as " town without a rice field control ".
Under King Chulalongkorn ( Rama V ) Nakhon Nayok was part of the province of Prachinburi. Only later was declared a separate province.
On January 1, 1943, the government dissolved the province to Amphoe Ban Na was added to the province of Saraburi, all the other counties of the province of Prachinburi. On May 9, 1946, this decision was reversed, and the province is re-established.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms of the province shows an elephant holding an ear of rice in the trunk as a symbol of fertile rice fields and numerous wild elephants. The straw rents, mountains and clouds are available for scenic beauty.
The tree and the flower of the province is the silk cotton tree ( Cochlospermum religiosum ).
The motto of the province of Nakhon Nayok is:
The province is divided into four districts ( Amphoe ), 41 communes ( tambon) and 403 villages ( Muban ).