Chaiyaphum ( Thai: ชัยภูมิ ) is a province ( Changwat ) in the northeast region of Thailand, Isan. The capital of the province of Chaiyaphum Chaiyaphum is also called.
- 2.1 Data
- 2.2 dams
Chaiyaphum is located on the western edge of Isaan, the distance to the capital Bangkok is about 350 kilometers.
Half of it consists of wild mountain scenery and of forest, the eastern half is formed from the Khorat Plateau.
- Kaset Sombun, Nong Bua Daeng, Phakdi Chumphon
- Maenam Maenam Chi and the Phrom
Economic importance and
In 2008, the "Gross Provincial Product" was (gross domestic product ) of the province 45 677 million baht. The minimum wage in the province is located at 165 Baht per day ( about 4 € ).
- Chulabhorn Dam ( Thai: เขื่อน จุฬา ภร ณ์ ) - The Lake is located in Amphoe Khon San, forming a popular destination.
- The Chaiyaphum province has a total of 735 wetlands covering an area of 109.8 km ², which are more or less intensively used for agriculture. Besides farming silk production is a major economic factor in the province.
1826 tried the Laotian king Anuvong to take Bangkok and overthrow the King of Siam Nang Klao (Rama III. ). In Chaiyaphum, he was asked by the Governor Pho Khun Lae, however during the subsequent battle was killed. At this place today is a statue of the hero, which was donated by the population.
See also: History of Thailand, History of Wat Benchamabophit and corresponding entry in Chaiyaphum
99.4 % of the population is Buddhist, 0.1 % Muslim.
Agriculture employs about 79 % of the working people.
- Wua Daeng - interesting cave system, which is a little off the tourist track amid a delightful landscape.
- Wildlife Park Phu Khieo (Phu Khieo Wildlife Sanctuary ) - see Related links
- National Parks: Pa Hin Ngam National Park ( Thai: อุทยานแห่งชาติ ป่า หิน งาม ) - with a 846 -meter-high cliff ( edge of the earth ) that allows a magnificent view over the landscape; bizarre rock formations, as well as a high incidence of Siamese tulip.
- National Park Sai Thong ( Thai: อุทยานแห่งชาติ ไทรทอง ) - is located in the west of the province, with a beautiful waterfall.
- National Park Act Thon ( Thai: อุทยานแห่งชาติ ตาด โตน ) - at Kaset Sombun, with beautiful waterfalls and lush wildlife.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms of the province shows a triangular flag as a symbol of a victorious battle. The local tree is the Kassodbaum ( Cassia siamea ), the local flower is the Siamese Tulip (Curcuma alismatiflora ).
The motto of the province of Chaiyaphum is:
The Chaiyaphum province is divided into 16 districts ( Amphoe ). The circles are further subdivided into 124 communes ( tambon) and 1393 villages ( Muban ).
In the province there is a city ( เทศบาล เมือง - thesaban Mueang ): Chaiyaphum ( เทศบาล เมือง ชัยภูมิ ). In addition, there are 19 small towns ( เทศบาล ตำบล - thesaban tambon).