Chiang Rai Province
Chiang Rai ( Thai: เชียงราย, pronounced: [ tɕ ʰ ra ː j Ian ˧ ˧ ] ) is a province ( Changwat ) in the northern region of Thailand. The capital of the province of Chiang Rai Chiang Rai is also called.
- 3.1 Data
- 3.2 Land Use
- 4.1 airport
- 4.2 bus
Chiang Rai is the northernmost province of the country in the midst of a wild mountain scenery. The average altitude is 580 meters.
The province is located about 850 kilometers north of the capital Bangkok.
Maenam Kok, Maenam Sai
The climate is due to the altitude temperate tropical monsunal. The average temperatures range between 12 ° C at night (January) to 35 ° C during the day ( April). The maximum temperature in 2009 was 37.5 ° C, the lowest temperature was measured at 8.7 ° C. At 117 days of rain fell in the same year 1625.0 mm of precipitation.
Economic importance and
The commercial center for goods of all kinds is the provincial capital. A special feature is the cultivation of lychee, which were introduced in 1830 from southern China.
In 2009, the "Gross Provincial Product" was (gross domestic product ) of the province 65 974 million baht. The minimum wage in the province is 232 baht per day ( about 5 € ).
For the province, the following land use is documented:
- Forest area: 3,227,888 Rai ( 5164.6 km ²), 44.2 % of the total
- The utilized agricultural area: 2,163,449 Rai ( 3461.5 km ²), 29.6 % of the total
- Not classified area: 1,907,644 Rai ( 3052.2 km ²), 26.1 % of the total
- Mae Fah Luang International Airport - Chiang Rai ( Thai: ท่าอากาศยานนานาชาติแม่ฟ้าหลวงเชียงราย, IATA: CEI, ICAO: VTCT )
- Chiang Rai Airport ( ICAO: VTCR ) is a military airfield in the southwest of Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai bus terminal
- Phan Bus Terminal
- Mae Sai Bus Terminal
- Chiang Rai Rajabhat University
- Ramkhamhaeng University campus Chiang Rai
- Overbrook Hospital, Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai Pracha Nu Khro Hospital, Chiang Rai
- Sri Burin Hospital, Chiang Rai
First, Chiang Rai belonged to the kingdom of Lan Na, the Land of a Million Fields. The provincial capital was founded in 1262 by King Mangrai and remained for 30 years is also the capital of his kingdom.
For a long time belonged to Chiang Rai to Burma, and only King Rama I united the area again with Siam (1786 ). Cities like Chiang Saen were destroyed, but later rebuilt.
The province was established in 1910.
Shake again and again mild to moderate earthquake, the area of Chiang Rai. On 24 March 2011 an earthquake of magnitude 6.8 on the Richter scale took place near the town of Tali in northern Burma, where a woman was killed by a collapsing wall.
Slightly more than 12 % of the population are members of hill tribes, mainly Yao, Akha, Karen, Hmong and Lisu.
- Wat Prathat Doi Tung - Buddhist temple ( Wat ) in Ban Huai Krai, which has existed since 911. It is here supposed to be a relic of the Buddha be accommodated, hence the temple is regarded as the holiest of the region. It also offers a fantastic view of the surrounding mountains and you can examine Buddha statues, which are among the oldest in Thailand.
- Stalactite cave - at Tham Luang, the caves to pull 7 km into the mountain.
- Sop Ruak ( Golden Triangle ) - the confluence of the Mekong to the Maenam Sai. The west bank of the Mekong River is one of Thailand, the east bank to Laos and the Mekong delta between Sai and Myanmar.
- Chiang Saen - Ancient City ( with excavation site and museum ), which was probably founded between the 6th and 8th centuries. When fighting with the Khmer in the 11th century destroyed, it was rebuilt in 1325. Their heyday lasted until 1558th
- National Parks: Doi Luang National Park
- Khun Chae National Park
- National Park Pa Mae Puem
- Phu Sang National Park
Coat of arms
The coat of arms shows a white elephant, the symbol of royalty. It recalls that Chiang Rai was founded by King Mangrai, allegedly because his favorite elephant felt so comfortable here.
The local tree is the jasmine ( Radermachera ignea ), the local flower is the fire Ranke ( or flames wine) ( Pyrostegia venusta ).
The motto of the province of Chiang Rai is:
In Thai: เหนือ สุด ใน สยาม อร่าม ดอย ตุง ผดุง วัฒนธรรม รส ล้ำ ข้าวสาร หอม หวาน ลิ้นจี่ สตรี โสภา ชา เลิศ รส สัปปะ รด นาง แล
The province is divided ( Amphoe ) in 18 counties. The circles are further subdivided into 124 communes ( tambon) and 1510 villages ( Muban ).
In the province there is a large city ( เทศบาล นคร - thesaban Nakhon ) Chiang Rai ( เทศบาล นคร เชียงราย ) and 33 small towns ( เทศบาล ตำบล - thesaban tambon).