The district of Ravensburg is measured on its surface after Ortenaukreis the second largest district in Baden- Württemberg. He, together with the Lake District and the district of Sigmaringen Upper Swabia region in the district of Tübingen.
- 3.1 Kreistag
- 3.2 District
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
- 3.4 flag
- 4.1 traffic
- 4.2 District facilities
- 5.1 Cities and Towns before the district reform
The Ravensburg district is bordered to the north by the district of Biberach, on the east by the Bavarian region of Lower Allgäu region and the district-free city Memmingen in the south to the Bavarian counties Oberallgaeu and Lindau (Bodensee), in the southwest to Lake District and to the west the district of Sigmaringen.
He has a share in Upper Swabian hills that extends from it to the north ( Biberach ) and south (Friedrichshafen). He includes in the east parts of the Westallgäuer hill country, in the west the Linzgau. 60.2 percent of the total area to be used as agricultural land.
In the district of Ravensburg are about 2365 villages.
The Ravensburg district goes back to the same Württemberg Oberamt Ravensburg, which was built after the transition of the former free imperial city of Ravensburg and their surrounding areas to Württemberg in 1810. Already in 1806 the top offices Altdorf, Isny and Waldsee had been built. As of 1810 had on today's circuit area next Ravensburg has the upper offices Leutkirch, Saulgau, Tettnang, Waldsee and cheeks share. From 1810 on the upper offices belonging to the bailiwick of Lake Constance and from 1818 Donaukreis. The boundaries of the upper offices were changed slightly in 1842. 1924 Danube Circle was disbanded and in 1934 the top offices were renamed counties. 1938 counties Leutkirch and Waldsee were dissolved, with the majority of the district to the district of Ravensburg came Waldsee (the rest of the district of Biberach ) and the majority of the district to the district Leutkirch cheeks.
In the district reform on 1 January 1973, the district cheeks was combined with the district of Ravensburg. Also, some places of the district Saulgau, three places of the district of Überlingen and two places of the Biberach were connected to the new district of Ravensburg. 1976 there was again a small frontier settlement with the county Biberach. After completion of the municipal reform of the district of Ravensburg includes another 39 municipalities, including eight cities and of these, in turn, four large district towns ( Leutkirch im Allgäu, Ravensburg, Wangen im Allgäu and wine garden). Largest city of the circle is Ravensburg, smallest municipality is Guggenhausen.
The population figures are census results (¹) or official updates by the State Statistical Office of Baden- Württemberg ( only primary residences ).
The district is administered by the county council and the district administration.
The district council is elected by the voters in the district for five years. The election on 7 June 2009 was as follows:
- CDU: 31
- FW: 18
- Green: 9
- SPD: 6
- ODP: 4
- FDP: 3
- Left: 1
The council elects the District for a term of 8 years. This is the legal representative and the representative of the district as well as Chairman of the County Council and its committees, but has no vote in the committees. He directs the district office and is an official of the circle.
His area of responsibility includes the preparation of the district council meetings and its committees. He shall convene meetings, directs this and implements the decisions taken there. His deputy is the first state officials.
The district councils of the district of Ravensburg in 1937:
The chief official of the former men Oberamts Ravensburg 1810-1936 are presented in the article Oberamt Ravensburg. The district administrators of the former county cheeks from 1938 to 1972 are shown in the products County cheeks.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms of the district of Ravensburg in blue shows a red tongue and red reinforced golden lion. The new coat of arms was granted on November 6, 1952, after the district reform on 20 January 1975.
The coat of arms figure represents the lion represents the Guelph Guelph had her Upper Swabian center in Ravensburg and Altdorf ( today Weingarten ), before the area came to the Hohenstaufen.
See also: List of coats of arms in the district of Ravensburg
The flag of the district of Ravensburg is - according to the crest - yellow- blue.
Economy and infrastructure
The economic development of the district of Ravensburg is performed by the WE GmbH Economic Development and Innovation Promotion Agency district of Ravensburg.
Through the eastern district area, the Federal Highway 96 Lindau -Munich runs. In addition, he is tapped by federal, state and county roads. The main highways are the B 30 Ulm and Friedrichshafen and the B 32 - Sigmaringen Ravensburg- cheeks.
The Württemberg Southern Railway (Ulm - Friedrichshafen) also crosses the district area and closes it so at to the national rail network. At the Upper Swabia -Bahn GmbH & Co. KG, which operates the transport on the Southern Railway, the circle has a share of 17.5 % of capital. The eastern part of the district is opened up by the Württemberg Allgäu railway.
The district of Ravensburg is the winner of several professional schools and two special schools:
- Aulendorf: Vocational School ( Industrial and Commercial School )
- Bad Waldsee: Nursing School
- Kißlegg: Albert Schweitzer School for Mentally Handicapped with Schulkindergarten
- Leutkirch: Commercial school with technical secondary school (TG )
- Leutkirch: Sophie Scholl School of Home Economics, Agriculture, Environment, Social Care and Social Sciences with Gymnasium ( SG)
- Ravensburg: Edith Stein School (domestic and agricultural school)
- Ravensburg: Secondary School of Agriculture ( Department of Home Economics in Bad Waldsee )
- Ravensburg: Commercial Schools
- Ravensburg: Humpis School ( Commercial School )
- Ravensburg: Martinus school for mentally handicapped with Schulkindergarten
- Cheeks: Friedrich Schiedel School ( Industrial School and Vocational School for dairy occupations )
- Cheeks: Commercial school ( with branch office in Isny )
- Cheeks: Nursing School
The district Ravensburg gGmbH together with the city of Ravensburg shareholder of Oberschwabenklinik, which was founded in 1997. The company is backing the former county hospitals Wangen im Allgäu, Bad Waldsee and Isny, as well as the hospital St. Elisabeth Ravensburg with Department of Child and Adolescent Medicine St. Nicholas and the Holy Ghost Hospital Ravensburg.
Cities and Towns
→ See also: List of municipalities in the district of Ravensburg
(Population at 31 December 2012)
Agreed administrative communities and local government associations
Cities and Towns before the district reform
Before the district reform on 1 January 1973 and the municipal reform were part of the ( old ) district of Ravensburg in 1938 a total of 37 municipalities, including four cities. From 1 April 1939 to April 1, 1946, the town of Weingarten was incorporated into the city of Ravensburg.
On March 7, 1968, the parliament of Baden -Württemberg has paved the way for a church reform. The Act to Strengthen the administrative force smaller municipalities, it was possible that smaller communities could voluntarily unite to form larger communities. The first in the old district of Ravensburg made on 1 July 1971, the municipality Gaisbeuren, which was incorporated into the town of Bad Waldsee. In the following years the number of municipalities decreased steadily.
The remaining municipalities of the (old ) Ravensburg District went on in the new enlarged Ravensburg district on 1 January 1973.
Largest parish of the old district of Ravensburg was the county town of Ravensburg, which in 1956 was large district since April 1, smallest municipality was Pfrungen.
The old district of Ravensburg included last an area of 714 km ² and had at the 1970 census, a total of 121 034 inhabitants.
Population development of the old Ravensburg District until 1970. All population figures are census results.
The communities of the old district of Ravensburg in front of the municipal reform. All communities are still the district of Ravensburg.