2012 FIA Formula Two Championship season
The formula -2- 2012 season was the fourth season of the FIA Formula 2 Championship. It began on 14 April at Silverstone and ended on 30 September in Monza.
- 2.1 Changes to the drivers
The tire supplier of Formula 2 joined the season of 2012. Avon was replaced by Yokohama.
Teams and Drivers
Changes in drivers
The following list contains all the drivers who took part in the Formula 2 season 2011 and 2012 no longer in Formula 2 at the start went well as pilots that went into the new Formula 2.
Drivers who enter or return to the Formula 2:
- Samuele Buttarelli: Auto GP ( TP Formula )
- Mauro Calamia: Alpine Renault Formula ( Daltec Racing)
- Alex Fontana: European F3 Open ( Corbetta Competizioni )
- Vittorio Ghirelli: GP3 Series ( Addax Team )
- Richard Gonda: Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup ( Krenek Motorsport)
- Victor Guerin: Italian Formula 3 Championship ( Lucidi Motors)
- Hector Hurst: BARC Formula Renault ( Scorpio Motorsport)
- Axcil Jefferies: break
- Kourosh Khani: BARC Formula Renault ( Scorpio Motorsport)
- Daniel McKenzie: Formula Renault 3.5 ( Comtec Racing)
- Kevin Mirocha: GP2 Series (Ocean Racing Technology )
- Markus Pommer: German Formula 3 Cup ( Jo Zeller Racing)
- Harald Schlegelmilch: break
- Mathéo Tuscher: Formula Pilota China Series ( Jenzer Welch Asia Racing)
- Dino Zamparelli: BARC Formula Renault ( Antel Motorsport)
- David Zhu: Formula Pilota China Series ( Eurasia Motorsport)
Drivers who have left the Formula 2:
- René Binder: German Formula 3 Cup ( Van Amersfoort Racing)
- Alex Brundle: GP3 Series (Carlin )
- Jack Clarke: European Le Mans Series ( Boutsen Racing Ginion )
- Armaan Ebrahim: Indy Lights (Fan Force United)
- Jordan King: Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup (Manor -MP)
- Jon Lancaster: GP2 Series (Ocean Racing Technology )
- Jolyon Palmer: GP2 Series ( iSport International)
Drivers who do not have a contract for a race seat in 2012:
The formula 2 was made in 2012 eight race weekends with two races each. The race calendar was confirmed on December 7th from the FIA.
No longer in the calendar were the race in Magny -Cours, Spielberg and Barcelona. New additions for Portimão, Le Castellet and the Hungaroring.
, The first ten of the race were 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 and 1 point (s). It included only the best 14 of 16 results.
- Fat - Pole Position
- Italics - Fastest lap
- * - Because of the short distance but not counted in the target,
- In the second race at Spa- Francorchamps half points were awarded since the race was not held on the need for full score distance.