BMW 7 Series (F01)
BMW 7 Series (2008-2012 )
The range of the F01 7 Series model BMW sparked November 15, 2008 from the produced since 2001 Model of luxury sedan E65.
On 3 July 2008, the series was presented in Munich the press. His show premiere had the model in October 2008 at the Paris Motor Show.
The models with an extended wheelbase ( 140 mm) carry their own internal series designation F02 and are marked with an L in the sales description.
- 2.1 engine and drive
- 2.2 Specifications 2.2.1 gasoline engines
- 2.2.2 Hybrid ( F04)
- 2.2.3 Diesel engines
The design of the new 7 Series draws on elements of the two previous models E38 and E65 as well as the 2007 study presented Concept CS. The trunk, whose lid is not placed acts as the direct predecessor, holds 500 liters.
- Driver-oriented cockpit with display in black panel technology ( a screen for all instruments in the instrument panel, are glued to the chrome rings; variable screen display of ads and pointer )
- Mounted electronic gear selector lever of the automatic transmission as standard back in the center console ( the predecessor to the steering wheel )
- iDrive with high-resolution 7 -inch display (10.2 inches on the predominantly subject to additional navigation system)
- Driving Dynamics Control with the steps "ECO PRO ", " COMFORT ", " COMFORT ", " SPORT" and "SPORT " ( change of the suspension, steering, engine and transmission )
In F01 there is - partly against surcharge - several driver assistance systems such as
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go function (automatic acceleration from a standstill and braking to a standstill) and collision warning,
- Lane change assistant,
- Lane Departure Warning
- Night View Assist " Night Vision" ( with pedestrian recognition ). From 07 /2012 with Dynamic Light Spot, who recognized pedestrian spotlighting.
- A head-up display,
- XDrive (only for 750i, 750Li, 750d, 750ld, 740d, 730d )
- Surround View (the car is presented from a bird's perspective in the Control Display )
- Rear view camera,
- Sideview ( two cameras in the front fenders that look out to the left and right) and
- Speed limit indicator. For this purpose, checks a camera street signs with speed limits. These are displayed in the speedometer as well as the Head- Up Display.
All F01 have next to ABS ( with Brake Assist and Cornering Brake Control), three- point seat belts on all seats, including belt stopper and buckle tensioners on the front seats and an ESP with traction control system ( Dynamic BMW Stability Control, DSC or Dynamic Traction Control, called DTC ). Overall, they have eight airbags (driver / front passenger, four head airbags and side airbags for driver and front passenger ), as well as active front head restraints.
In July 2012, the series underwent a subtle facelift.
Externally, the revised model of the 7 Series only on the light changed BMW " kidney", modified bumpers and headlights are visible.
Inside are slimmer -looking seats, a new central display with 3D look, different display graphics (red, blue and green), standard ZF eight-speed automatic transmission and revised electronics for the LED Highbeam Assist.
Also, three new engines are now used:
The 740i (3.0 -liter in-line six cylinder) with 235 kW/320 hp, the 750i ( 4.4 L V8 with 330 kW/450 hp) and the 750d xDrive (3.0 -liter six-cylinder with 280 kW/381 hp).
Engine and propulsion
The 7 Series was initially in three engine variants available: the 740i has got a three-liter straight-six with two turbochargers, which makes 240 kW and an average fuel consumption of 9.9 liters Super Plus per 100 kilometers. Also, the 750i with 4.4 -liter V8 has two turbochargers, makes 300 kW ( 407 hp ) and consumes 11.4 liters of Super Plus. The first version was the only diesel 730d with three- liter inline six- cylinder, 180 kW (245 hp) and an average fuel consumption of 7.2 liters.
The 760i and a newly developed twin-turbo inline six- cylinder diesel engine in the 740d with 225 kW ( 306 hp) were introduced later. Due to the construction of the twin-turbo 740d in the standard cycle, in spite of significantly higher power consumption almost the same as the 730d, thereby undercutting other upper-class diesel with 300 hp in some cases.
Components for a mild hybrid will be developed in cooperation with Daimler. For the 730d/Ld a Blue -performance filter is also available, which reduces by a storage catalytic nitrogen oxide emissions and thus complies with the Euro 6 standard.
With the facelift, which is available since July 21, 2012, the engines were revised: The 730d makes 258 hp, while the 740d now comes to 313 hp. New of the triply -charged diesel with 381 hp is xdrive in the 750d. The 750i strengthened to 450 hp, the 740i makes 320 hp, the 760i with V12 engine remains unchanged. In the BMW 750d xDrive all-wheel drive is standard, in the 730d, 740d and 750i option.
Hybrid ( F04)
The models with hybrid Anrtrieb wear internally F04 its own series designation.
- Values in parentheses are for the model with xDrive.
7 Series High Security ( F03 )
The models 760Li High Security and 750Li High Security are certified 2009 VPAM according to the Guideline BRV and classified in the resistance class 7. The non-transparent areas of the body correspond to the resistance class 9 The top speed of both models is electronically limited to 210 km / h. Internally, the high-security version of the 7 Series is referred to as the class F03.
On 23 August 2011, the Federal Motor Transport Authority issued a recall of the models of the BMW 1 Series, 5 Series and 7 series, X3, X5 and X6 SUV. Affected are the model years 2008 and 2009. Reason is the fuel filter heater may overheat and cause a vehicle fire.
On August 21, 2013, was again a callback to the models in the 1, 5 and 7 - series and the two SUV X5 and X6. Affected are approximately 35,000 vehicles and onwards May, according to the Federal Motor Transport Authority. Till November 2009 This is due to a defect in the fuel filter heater for diesel models and can lead to a vehicle fire.
- Winner of the Reader's Choice 2009, the magazine Auto, Motor und Sport, with 26.1 percent of the vote in the category of luxury
- IF Product Design Award 2009
- Red dot design award 2009