Isparta is a province in Turkey, located in the northwestern part of the Mediterranean region. The neighboring provinces are Afyonkarahisar, Burdur, Antalya and Konya. The province has 416 663 inhabitants ² on an area of 8993 km. The provincial capital is Isparta. The license plate has the number 32 The population density is 45 inhabitants / km ².
Isparta is known for its roses, rose products and handmade carpets. In addition, the province is known for its apples, cherries and grapes.
In addition to the 482 km ² large Eğirdir Gölü, the second largest freshwater lake in Turkey, there are a variety of other freshwater lakes. These include Gölcük Gölü, Kovada Gölü, Beyşehir Gölü and Burdur Gölü.
The province is divided into 13 counties ( Ilce ):
- The Firdevs Paşa Mosque
- Kovada the lake
- The Kizildag National Park
- The Yazılı Kanyon Nature Park ( Canyon )
- The caravanserai Ertokuş
- Ski resort Davraz
- Ramazan Avcı murdered by neo-Nazis in Hamburg, born in Gonen and buried after his death
- Süleyman Demirel, former Heads of State and Prime Minister
- Mustafa Doğan, Footballer