Osmaniye is a province of Turkey. Its capital is the same Osmaniye.
The province has 452 880 inhabitants ( 2007 census ) in an area of 3189 km ². It borders the provinces of Hatay, Gaziantep, Adana and Kahramanmaras.
In the Ottoman Empire Osmaniye had the rank of a Sanjak. With the establishment of Turkey in 1923 was Osmaniye Province. However, as of June 1, 1933, the province was downgraded to a county, and connected the province of Adana. A law of 24 October 1996 Osmaniye was established as a province again. In the years 1910-1932 Cebelibereket was the name of the administrative unit.
The province is subdivided into 7 districts ( Ilce ):
- Kürşat ATILGAN, politicians and members of parliament of the MHP
- Samet Aybaba, football coach and former football player
- Devlet Bahceli, Chairman of the MHP
- Volkan Bekiroğlu, football player
- İbrahim Serhat Canbolat, political analyst and writer
- Yaşar Kemal, writer
- Ümit broom, singer