History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Monkey戊申( at the beginning of the year fire - sheep丁未)
Syria: 1619/20 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- January 25: Eight kings and queens are present when the English king Edward II and Isabella of France married in the cathedral of Boulogne -sur -Mer.
- The North German Margrave War begins.
- Charles Robert of Anjou becomes King of Hungary.
- Henry VII of Luxembourg confirms the charters of the Swiss cantons, Uri, Schwyz and Unterwalden.
- The cities of Brandenburg form under the leadership of Berlin, a defensive alliance against the robber barons.
City rights and notices Ersturkundliche
- First mention of Aedermannsdorf, Hesselhurst, Obergösgen, Roches, Schwendibach and Weier
- Friesoythe is first mentioned with city rights.
Science and Technology
- September 8: The University of Perugia is founded.
- Breakthrough in surgery: In Venice Permission is granted for the first time in Europe, to dissect a corpse.
- 01 May: . Johanna III, Countess of Franche-Comté († 1347 )
- 000Mai: Bolko II, Duke of Świdnica and Jawor († 1368 )
- Gaston II, Count of Foix († 1343 )
- Giorgi VI. , King of Georgia († 1314)
- ( to ), Henry II, Margrave of Brandenburg ( † 1320)
- Yuri II, Duke of Halych - Volodymyr († 1340)
- Longchen Rabjam, scholar and realized master of the Nyingma school of Tibetan Buddhism († 1363)
- Mastino II della Scala, lord of Verona ( † 1351 )
- Andrea di Cione ( Orcagna Called ), Florentine painter, sculptor and architect († 1368 )
- Stefan Uros IV Dusan, from 1331 King, from 1345 Tsar of Serbia († 1355 )
- February 01: Hermann III. the Long, Margrave of Brandenburg (* 1275 )
- April 21 or MAY 11: William I, Count of Berg
- May 01: Albrecht I, Holy Roman German king and duke of Austria and Styria (* 1255 )
- July 04: Eberhard I von der Mark, Vogt to eat, Count of Mark and Count of Altena (* 13C)
- September 04: Margaret of Burgundy, Countess of Tonerre, Queen of Sicily and Naples ( * 1250)
- September 10: Go- Nijo, 94th emperor of Japan (* 1285)
- September 24 or November 28: Guido I of Lusignan, Count of La Marche and Angoulême (c. 1265 )
- 05 October: Guido II de la Roche, Duke of Athens
- October 16: Otto III. of Rietberg, Bishop of Münster
- November 08: John Duns Scotus, Scottish theologian and philosopher of the (high) scholasticism (* 1266 )
- NOVEMBER 27: Otto IV, with the arrow, Margrave of Brandenburg (c. 1238 )
- 000Dezember: Walram I, Count of Zweibrücken
- December 14: Christian von Pomesania, Bishop of Pomesania
- December 21: Henry I, first Landgrave of Hesse and the founder of the Hessian princely house (* 1244)
- Between 28 January and 4 February: Ulrich von Paldau, Bishop of Seckau
- Abu Thabit Amir, Sultan of Marinids in Marokkoa
- Adolf V, Count of Holstein and Stormarn (c. 1252)
- Emmerich of Schoeneck, Bishop of Worms
- Constantine III. , King of Armenia (* 1278 )
- Sempad, King of Armenia (* 1277 )
- Ludwig von Ravens Mountain, Bishop of Osnabrück (* 1260 )
- Ulrich II of Heunburg, Carinthian aristocrat
- Vakhtang III. , Rulers of medieval Georgia (* 1276)