2012 AFC Champions League
The AFC Champions League 2012 is the 31st edition of the highest continental competition in Asia, which will be held for the ninth time under its present name. The winner qualifies for the FIFA Club World Cup in 2012.
- 2.1 Qualification Round
- 2.2 Group Stage
- 3.1 Group Stage
- 3.2 Final Round
- 6.1 Group A
- 6.2 Group B
- 6.3 Group C
- 6.4 Group D
- 6.5 Group E
- 6.6 Group F
- 6.7 Group G
- 6.8 Group H
- 7.1 knockout round
- 7.2 quarterfinals
- 7.3 Semi-finals
- 7.4 final
Unlike, for example, in the UEFA Champions League, only certain countries and organizations are eligible that meet the criteria of the AFC.
The AFC has the participation criteria determines the end of 2010 for the following two years. Already on 30 November 2009 gave the AFC announced that in addition to the ten participating associations twelve members are interested in participating in the AFC Champions League, then moved Singapore withdraws his application. Here's the complete list:
- Participating associations: Australia, People's Republic of China People's Republic of China, Indonesia, Japan, Japan, Korea South Korea
- Participation Interest: Malaysia, Myanmar Myanmar, Thailand Thailand
- Request deduction: Singapore Singapore
- Disqualified: Vietnam
- Participating organizations: Iran Iran, Qatar Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Uzbekistan
- Participation Interest: Iraq Iraq, Jordan Jordan, Oman, Pakistan, Pakistan, Palestine National Authority Palestinian Territory, Tajikistan, Yemen, Yemen, India India
Note: Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and India had already clubs who took part in the qualifying play-offs for the group stage in 2010.
The Executive Committee has suggested that a team from West Asia participating in the qualification for East Asia in order to maintain the balance.
† Bunyodkor Tashkent was set zone in the East.
In the group stage, 32 teams played in eight groups of four teams in the league mode (outward and return ). The teams were divided along geographical lines. In groups A to D, the teams from West and Central Asia played in groups E to G took the teams from East and Southeast Asia. The two group winners qualified for the Final Round of 16, the tournament was played with three points for a win.
The quarter-final was a draw, but it could not meet two teams from one country directly. The teams played in the knockout system with return game of the tournament winner, the away goals rule applied. If in the return game and / or final after regular time and extra time are fixed no winner, the winner in the penalty shootout is determined.
The winner of the tournament qualified for the FIFA Club World Cup 2012 in Japan.
- Qualifiers: 11 and 18 February
- Group Stage: 6/7 March 20-21. March 3 / 4 April 17-18. April, 1 / 2 May 15-16. May
- Second round: 29-30. May
- Quarter-finals: 19 September and 2 / 3 October
- Semi-finals: 24 to 31 October
- Final: November 10
The semifinals will be held on 10 February 2012. The finals will be held on February 18, 2012.
The meetings will be held on 22, 23, 29 and 30 May 2012. All matches were decided in a game.
The first legs will find on September 19, the return matches on 2 October 2012.
The first legs place on October 22 and 24, the return legs on 31 October 2012.
References / Notes
Asian Champion Club Tournament or Asian Club Championship 1967 | 1968 | 1969 | 1970 | 1971 | 1972-1984 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989 | 1990 | 1991 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002
AFC Champions League 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
- AFC Champions League
- Football 2012