Artzenheim (Alsatian Aarze, IPA: [ ɑ ː rtsə ] ) is a commune with 806 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Haut-Rhin in the Alsace region. It belongs to the canton Andolsheim and community association Pays de Brisach
Artzenheim, a town on the Rhine valley, located in the northeast of the department of Haut-Rhin, on the banks of the Rhine, 17 km from Colmar.
The village was mentioned in the year 670 for the first time, in connection with a gift of the Duke Echiton at the Monastery of Ebersmünster. This monastery has also held that jurisdiction.
The inhabitants Artzenheims were evacuated at the beginning of World War II, the return in the autumn of 1940 after the French capitulation. In the spring of 1945 it came to the liberation from German occupation.
The church dates from the year 1851.