The Elswick Motor Co. was a British manufacturer of automobiles.
The company based in Newcastle upon Tyne began in 1903 with the production of automobiles. The brand name was first Elswick, 1906 SPQR. 1907 production ended. Hooper Cycle Co. took over the company in 1912.
The offer cars were of different sizes with built-in motors from different manufacturers.
The HP 6 was introduced in 1903 and produced until at least 1906. He had a single-cylinder engine of De Dion -Bouton with 700 cc displacement.
1904 supplemented the 20 HP with a four-cylinder engine of Brouhot and the 24 HP with a four-cylinder engine of Mutel the range. The latter model had front-engine, three-speed gearbox and shaft drive to the rear axle.
Appeared in 1906 as the models SPQR 15/20 HP and 24/ 30 hp and 26/30 HP, both with four-cylinder engine.
One source mentions an additional 26/30 HP with a six-cylinder in-line engine.