Argyll was a British car brand.
The company Hozier Engineering Company Limited began in 1899 in Bridgeton in Glasgow with the production of automobiles. In 1905 the company was renamed in Argyll Motors Limited. In 1906 the company moved to Alexandria, and in 1914 it moved back to Bridgeton.
In 1928 the production was stopped.
Several vehicles of this brand can be seen in the Museum of Transport in Glasgow.
Administrative building in Alexandria
Before moving to Alexandria factories were built at the new site. With the planning of the main building along Main Street, the architectural firm Halley & Neil was entrusted. Between 1905 and 1906 an elongated structure with baroque details emerged. The symmetrical building is made of red sandstone. The central entrance area is of an architrave supported, crowned by marble columns. It stands on a clock tower with domed roof. At the middle part of the building close to both sides of elongated, two-story wings. The you can find there twin windows are arranged on each of the nine vertical axes. In 1971 the building was added to the Scottish lists of monuments in the highest category A.