GN (car)

G.N. was a British manufacturer of automobiles.

Company History

The company G.N. Limited began in 1910 in Hendon with the production of automobiles. In 1920 it was renamed the G.N. Motors Limited and the move to Wandsworh. From 1923 the company was again G.N. Limited. G.N. stands for the initials of the two founders, HR Godfrey and Archibald Frazer - Nash.

1925 production was stopped.

Rolling stock

Were produced cyclecars and sporty small car, predominantly open-top two -seater. By 1923, only two-cylinder engines were mostly used in V2 form. Only in the last two models were four-cylinder engines. The engines were initially of Antoine and JAP, later of Anzani, Chapuis - Dornier and DFP.

There was the two-cylinder models Prototype from 1910 to 1100 cc displacement, Deluxe from 1911 to 1912 with 998 cc, sport 1912 with 905 cc Grand Prix from 1913 to 1915, touring from 1915, standard from 1919 to 1921, touring 1921 to 1923 and from 1922 with Vitesse 1087 cc. In addition, there was the four-cylinder models Shaft of 1923 with 1098 cc and 12/35 HP from 1924 to 1928 with 1496 cc capacity.

The following weights are known: Deluxe 203 kg, 406 kg Grand Prix, Touring (1915 ) 229 kg 330 kg Standard, Touring ( 1921-1923 ) and Vitesse 432 kg, 12/35 HP 559 kg.

A vehicle of this make is to visit Veteranbil 's Museum in Nærum in Denmark in the summer.

de