ISS Expedition 43 mission is the designation for the 43 long-term crew of the International Space Station ( ISS). The mission begins with the undocking of Soyuz TMA- 14M spacecraft from the ISS is expected in March 2015. Completion is expected to be marked by the uncoupling of Soyuz TMA -15M in May 2015.
- Terry Wayne virts ( second space flight), Commander, (USA / NASA) ( Soyuz TMA -15M )
- Anton Nikolaevich Shkaplerov ( second space flight), flight engineer, ( Russia / Roscosmos ) ( Soyuz TMA -15M )
- Samantha Cristoforetti ( first space flight ), aircraft engineer, (Italy / ESA ) ( Soyuz TMA -15M )
In addition, as of March 2015:
- Gennady Ivanovich Padalka ( 5 space flight), flight engineer, ( Russia / Roscosmos ) ( Soyuz TMA -16M )
- Mikhail Borisovich Korniyenko ( second space flight), flight engineer, ( Russia / Roscosmos ) ( Soyuz TMA -16M )
- Scott Joseph Kelly ( fourth space flight), flight engineer, (USA / NASA) ( Soyuz TMA -16M )
After undocking of Soyuz TMA -15M with Shkaplerov, Cristoforetti and virts Padalka takes command and forms Korniyenko and Kelly the initial crew of the ISS Expedition 44
On September 6, 2013 it was announced that the originally nominated Flight Engineer Yuri Lonchakov has terminated at Roskosmos and changes due to financial reasons with the Russian gas giant Gazprom. With Gennady Padalka one of the most experienced cosmonauts Roskosmos ' as a replacement was appointed.
The backup crew of ISS Expedition recruited from the backup crews of the Soyuz shuttle respective spaceships ( see there). If everything is going according to plan, these teams two Soyuz missions and thus two ISS expeditions are then usually later for regular use.
For the first time the operating time of crew members with Mikhail Korniyenko and Scott Kelly will be extended to one year in order to study the effects of prolonged weightlessness better in terms of a manned Mars flight to the ISS. One of the thus freed two seats in the Soyuz spacecraft was sold to the soprano and space tourist Sarah Brightman. On the other site of the ESA astronaut Andreas Mogensen completed a short-term ISS mission.