Soyuz TMA -12M is a mission name for the flight of the Russian Soyuz spacecraft to the International Space Station. In the course of the ISS program of flight is called ISS AF -38S. It is the 38th visit of a Soyuz spacecraft to the ISS and the 144th flight in Sojusprogramm be.
- Alexander Alexandrovich Skvortsov ( second space flight), Commander, ( Russia / Roskosmos )
- Oleg Hermanovitch Artjemjew ( first space flight), flight engineer, ( Russia / Roskosmos )
- Steven Ray Swanson ( third space flight), flight engineer, (USA / NASA)
- Alexander Mikhailovich Samokutjajew ( second space flight), Commander, ( Russia / Roskosmos )
- Yelena Serova Olegovna ( first space flight ), aircraft engineer, ( Russia / Roskosmos )
- Eugene Barry Wilmore ( second space flight ), flight engineer, (USA / NASA)
The mission brings three crew members of the ISS Expeditions 39 and 40 to the International Space Station. The Soyuz spacecraft Soyuz TMA -10M triggers from a rescue capsule.
Soyuz TMA -12M was scheduled to be coupled in the " Express Mode ", so after six hours or four orbits of the ISS. The necessary two first thruster firings took place properly. The third firing was probably made for the incorrect path data. In response, the Russian flight controllers decided for the conventional approach over a period of two days. The approach to the ISS, the coupling and the transfer of the spacemen were then performed without any problems.