Soyuz TM -22 mission is the designation for the flight of a Russian Soyuz spaceship to the Russian space station Mir. The 23 visit a spaceship at the Mir space station was 22 visit to a Soyuz spacecraft and the 98th flight in the Russian Sojusprogramm. Previously visited the U.S. Space Shuttle Atlantis with the STS -71 mission, the Mir.
- Yuri Pavlovich Gidzenko ( first space flight), Commander
- Sergei Vasilyevich Avdeev ( second space flight ), flight engineer
- Thomas Reiter ( first space flight ), science astronaut (European Space Agency ESA / Germany Germany )
- Gennadi Mikhailovich Manakov, Commander
- Pavel Vinogradov, Flight Engineer
- Christer Fuglesang, Astronaut Science (European Space Agency ESA / Sweden Sweden)
The German astronaut Thomas Reiter flew on Soyuz TM- 22 for several months of mission " Euromir 95 ". He participated in outboard activities and was the first German in open space. Due to lack of funding, the follow-up missions postponed for two months. The resulting extended stay aboard Mir lasted 177 days. Reiter introduced so that a long-term record for a non-Russian cosmonaut.