Lancia Dedra sedan (1989-1994)
The Lancia Dedra (internal designation: 835 ) is a model of the Lancia brand and was built from April 1989 to January 2000. He thus replaced the built since the end of 1982 predecessor prism.
The Dedra was the sister model of the spring of 1993 built second generation of the Delta. The model divides the soil group next to its sister model with the Fiat Tipo, Tempra Fiat and Alfa Romeo 145 Alfa Romeo 146 Alfa Romeo 155
First there was the Dedra was from spring 1989 to mid-1994 exclusively as a saloon. After mid-1994, a major revision was performed, it was the vehicle as a station wagon under the name Dedra Station Wagon ( SW for short ).
The standard equipment level exceeded the normal scope at that time by far, and Lancia was claiming to have created a competitor to Mercedes 190, BMW 3 Series and Audi 80. In practice, however, customers saw the Dedra ( also in terms of the relatively low purchase price). Rather as an alternative to the VW Golf / Vento, Opel Astra and Ford Escort / Focus
Towards the end of the production cycle, the sales were naturally back what was not least due to the negligence comes to safety equipment ( a front passenger airbag could not be delivered until the end of production). For model implementation, however, the car was driving and safety comparatively well equipped (including ABS (in all vehicles with engines of 1.8 liters from standard), safety gear and four head restraints).
With the revision in the summer of 1994, he then learned more costly improvements in passive ( side impact protection, body stiffeners, Fire prevention system, stronger brakes) and active safety (airbags, seat belt tensioners, etc.). All those features be counted then not necessarily for the class standard.
In September 1999, the Lancia Lybra was introduced as the successor to the Dedra. Like him, he was available as a saloon and station wagon.
The engine range has undergone many changes, particularly the gasoline engines were available in many variants and configuration levels. As a basis were petrol engines with 1.6 l, 1.8 l, 2.0 l and 2.0 l fitted with turbo. Alternatively, a turbo-diesel engine with 1.9 liter displacement could be ordered.
* 1 As of 1993: 1240 kg
( The values in the above list are valid for the limousine version except 2.0 16V Integrale - this model was only available as a station wagon )
All Dedras were fitted as standard with a 5-speed manual transmission, with the exception of 2.0 ie Automatic, which received a 4- speed automatic transmission from the VW Group.
Designed the Dedra was a front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive could be ordered in the first series in combination with the 2- liter turbocharged engine as integrals in the second series, however, only as a station wagon with 2.0 16V engine. The wheel-drive technology is based primarily on the Delta HF Integrale and is considered very robust. In addition to the Dedra we find the identical drive in the Fiat Tempra 4 × 4 or the Alfa 155 Q4.
As an exceptionally allowed when Dedra the optional electronically controlled suspension are ( computer controlled damper settings between soft and hard, depending on road and driving conditions ), in addition also the optional digital ( optoelectronic ) Dashboard or the automatic headlight range control. During the production cycle just those configuration options have been removed gradually from the accessory lists or standard equipment.
- Vehicle overall length: 4343 mm
- Vehicle width ( excluding mirrors): 1700 mm
- Vehicle height ( Limousine with original chassis ): 1430 mm
- Vehicle height (SW with original chassis ): 1446 mm
- Front track: 1436 mm
- Rear track: 1415 mm
- Wheelbase: 2540 mm
- Front overhang: 881 mm
- Rear overhang: 922 mm
- Boot volume Sedan: 480 liters
- Boot volume SW: 448 liters Liter/803
Are not valid for the integrals versions. These have a smaller boot volume and a different gauge on the rear axle.
Lancia Dedra Station Wagon (1994-1997)
- 04 /89: Presentation of the Lancia Dedra with engines 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 and 1.9 tds
- 01/ 90: Introduction to Germany
- 11/90: Introduction of the integrals
- 04 /91: Implementation of Turbo
- 05/ 92: Introduction of the Dedra Automatic
- 10/92: first minor model update with several improvements
- 01/ 93: Safety package (airbags, seat belt tensioners, side impact protection, Karoserieverstärkungen )
- 07/ 94: big facelift ( Series II ); new engines, elimination of turbo engines, new combination variant Station Wagon, new taillights ( red / white / red), new fabrics, door panels from the Lancia Delta II ( 836 ), new petrol engines, various body braces, full wheel covers with a new design
- 01/ 95: standard immobilizer
- 11/95: small facelift, replacing the automatic headlight range control by manual control
- 03/ 96: 2.0 16V is no longer offered as a replacement, the 131 hp 1.8 now.
- 01/ 97: elimination of the 2.0 16V integral
- 05/ 97: new fabrics and carpets in the interior
- 07/ 97: elimination of the 1.8 with 113 hp
- 12/97: A big upgrade ( Series III ), new petrol engine ( 1.6 16V ), new front axle (as in the Fiat Marea, Bravo, Brava and coupe ), rear lights now completely red, Headlights and turn signals tinted front black, dashboard of the Lancia Delta II ( 836 ), new aluminum rims, painted bumpers and other external retouching, unfortunately, still no passenger airbag or ESP.
- 01 /00: Setting the production
Competing models first series ( middle class ): Mercedes -Benz 190, BMW 3 Series, Audi 80, Ford Mondeo, VW Passat, Opel Vectra, Alfa Romeo 155 competing models second and third series "only" ( lower middle class): VW Golf / Vento / Bora, Opel Astra, Ford Escort / Focus.
Models on the same platform: Fiat Tipo / Tempra, Fiat Bravo / Brava, Fiat Coupe, Lancia Delta II, Alfa Romeo 155, Alfa Romeo 145, Alfa Romeo 146, Alfa Romeo GTV and Alfa Romeo Spider.
Technically, even if not visually, the Fiat Coupé has the most in common with the Lancia Dedra, closely followed by Fiat Tempra and Lancia Delta II
- Operating Instructions, German ( Lancia Dedra, from 1990)
- Operating Instructions, German ( Lancia Dedra, from 1995)
- Supplementary Instructions, German ( Lancia Dedra Station Wagon, from 1995)
- Buyer's Guide (PDF) by Christopher W. from the viva Lancia forum
- EPER 2.5.0 Spare Parts DVD