- 5.1 District Administrators
- 5.2 Kreistag
- 5.3 Coat of Arms
The county Uckermark located in the extreme north-east of Brandenburg on the border with the Republic of Poland. The area of the district covers the majority of the lakes in the region Uckermark from, the smaller northern part of the Uckermark contrast, belongs to Mecklenburg- Vorpommern ( districts of Mecklenburg Lakes and Vorpommern - Greifswald). With the Office Gartz (Oder) include former vorpommersche areas turn to the Brandenburg district Uckermark.
Neighbors are the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern counties Mecklenburg Lakes and Vorpommern - Greifswald, in the south of the district of Barnim and to the west the district of Upper Havel in the north. The Oder in the east forms the longest part of the border with Poland. On the Polish side are the districts of Police and Gryfino.
In Uckermark there are 57 nature reserves. The largest ( Melzower forestry ) has an area of 2830.66 ha, the smallest ( icehouse mountains -Os in Malchow ) has an area of 5.16 ha
The Uckermark belonged as an across several counties extending historical landscape for centuries until 1945 the Prussian province of Brandenburg, whose territory was west neukonstituiert the Oder-Neisse border as a country within the Soviet occupation zone.
As part of the resolution of the countries in the GDR was founded in 1949 in 1952, the Uckermark came with the circles Prenzlau, Strasburg and Templin to the district Neubrandenburg, the district Angermuende was the district of Frankfurt (Oder ) is assigned. The city of Schwedt / Oder was independent town in the district of Frankfurt (Oder).
With the formation of new countries in 1990 Uckermark came with the exception of remaining in Mecklenburg -Vorpommern City Strasburg to the state of Brandenburg. Because of citizen surveys in the counties Prenzlau and Templin is a very clear vote for the membership of the state of Brandenburg resulted. In a referendum, the citizens of the city Bruessow and 15 other municipalities in the counties vorpommerscher Pasewalk and Strasburg for the change to Brandenburg decided.
On 6 December 1993 the Brandenburg district reform in the district Uckermark with the county town of Prenzlau from the former counties Angermuende, Prenzlau, Templin and the formerly independent city of Schwedt / Oder was formed in the frame. The northeastern part of the present county Uckermark not part of the historic Uckermark and was until 1945 a part of the Prussian province of Pomerania.
The following table shows the development of the population of the district Uckermark (population 1990 of October 3, 1991 from 31 December each year ). All figures are according to the respective territorial status ( 1990 to 1992: area of 6 December 1993 ).
Population development in the current territorial status and forecasts
Forecast of population development
Forecast age structure
Cities and Towns
After completion of the community structure reform in 2003, there are 34 communities in the district Uckermark, including seven cities.
( Inhabitants on 31 December 2012
Cities ¹ amt nationals city
Official Free communities
Offices and associated communities ( The seat of the Office Administration * )
1 Bruessow (Uckermark ) ( 4640 )
2 Gartz ( Oder) ( 6714 )
3 Gerswalde ( 4659 )
4 Gramzow ( 7178 )
5 Or catfish ( 5608 )
With regard to the effect from 1 January 2010, only possible direct election of county councilors in Brandenburg, the district council called for the direct election of the District Administrator on April 22, 2009. On 7 October 2009, the council raised its own decision on the direct election again and wanted to December 9, 2009 choose the district itself, which led to severe criticism. The direct election of the district administrator in Uckermark however failed. In the election on 28 February 2010 and the runoff 14 March 2010, no candidate could reach the necessary quorum of 15% of all eligible voters. On 19 May 2010 the council elected the new district with 64 % of votes.
The 50 seats in the council, who was elected on 28 August 2008, distributed as follows among the various parties and groups:
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on 8 November 1995.
Blazon: "In gold one with two silver threads occupied, multiple notched blue bar, covered by a Gothic, covered with silver plaster surfaces, equipped with an open archway, red brick tower with a crenellated wall wings; the masonry covered with two outwardly reclined silver pointed shields, is a right reinforced golden, red eagle with golden clover stems on the wings, the left upright, golden Reinforced Red Cross. "
The coat of arms of the offices, cities and towns of the district can be found in the list of the coat of arms in the district Uckermark.
A growth center with brandenburg continue broadcasting has formed around the most developed commercial area in the district on 850 hectares of land around the PCK refinery and to the paper mills in Schwedt / Oder. More important pillars of the economy are agriculture, renewable energy ( solar module manufacturing in Prenzlau ), biogas plants on farms and wind turbines in the region, as well as tourism. By the three large protected areas ( National Park Lower Oder Valley Biosphere Reserve Schorfheide -Chorin and the natural park Uckermärkische lakes) more and more visitors come to the region.
In the Uckermark 6200 companies in the CCI and Chamber of Crafts are registered.
58 per cent ( 176 549 ha) of the region are agricultural land, which is grown on 75 hectares of tobacco, for example.
Unemployment in the district Uckermark is 14.4 % ( August 2013 ).
By the district extend the railway lines from Berlin to Stralsund to Szczecin (Stettin) and to Schwedt / Oder.
Already in 1842 the Berlin- Szczecin railway company began to include the present district area in their network. As a first connection from Berlin to Angermuende, which was extended the following year to Stettin was born. In 1863 the route Angermuende - Prenzlau - Pasewalk was built up to Anklam in Western Pomerania.
1873 Schwedt was connected to the Oder of Angermuende by the Angermuende - Schwedter Railway Company on the railway network. This was followed in 1877 a cross-connection to Bad Freiwalde ( Kuestrin direction ) by the Berlin- Szczecin railway company.
The Prussian State Railways opened up in 1888 by mountain lions at the Berlin Nordbahnstrasse the Altkreis Templin with a track that was conducted in 1899 to Prenzlau Station, and built in the years 1898/1899 a distance of Furstenberg to Eberswalde. By both routes Templin became a local hub.
The routes of Prenzlau to Strasburg and Damme Bruessow were completed in 1898 by the Prenzlauer circular orbits. In the following years the network grew by extensions and branches namely in 1902 after Fürstenwerder ( circular path ), and Löcknitz Klockow and 1906 by the Angermünder circular path from Damme to Schönermark at the Szczecin railway. From Klockow since 1908 led the narrow-gauge light railway Klockow - Pasewalk further north; However, until the post-war period only for freight.
The Prussian State Railway completed the railway network in 1913 yet the routes
- ( Templin ) Faehrkrug - Fürstenwerder Reichsbahn and
- Tantow - Gartz
The little train Casekow - Penkun - Or ran a narrow gauge railway between the Oder and Randow break that led to the suburbs of Stettin since 1899.
The Oder is a water side. By the district also extend the federal highway 11 and the Federal Highway 20
In the district still ostniederdeutsches Platt is spoken occasionally.
The four largest area municipalities of the district are Templin ( 377 km ²), Angermuende (326 km ²), Nordwestuckermark (253 km ²) and Boitzenburger (216 km ²).