2014 GP3 Series season
The GP3 Series 2014 season is the fifth season of the GP3 series.
Teams and Drivers
Changes in drivers
The following list contains all the drivers who took part in the 2013 GP3 Series season and start in the 2014 season not for the same team as in 2012.
Drivers who have changed their team:
- Jimmy Eriksson: Status Grand Prix → Koiranen GP
- Alex Fontana: Jenzer Motorsport → ART Grand Prix
- Patrick Kujala: Marussia Manor Racing Koiranen GP →
- Patric Niederhauser: Jenzer Motorsport → Arden International
- Dean Stoneman: Marussia Manor Racing Koiranen GP →
- Nick Yelloly: Carlin → Status Grand Prix
- Dino Zamparelli: Marussia Manor Racing → ART Grand Prix
Drivers who enter or return to the GP3 series:
- Emil Bernstorff: German Formula 3 Cup ( Lotus ) → Carlin
- Victor Carbone: Indy Lights (Team Moore Racing) → Trident Racing
- Roman De Beer: break → Trident Racing
- Marvin Kirchhöfer: German Formula 3 Cup ( Lotus ) → ART Grand Prix
- Alex Lynn: European Formula 3 Championship (Prema Powerteam) → Carlin
- Jann Mardenborough: European Formula 3 Championship (Carlin ) → Arden International
- Ivan Taranov: Protyre Formula Renault ( Scorpio Motorsport) → Hilmer Motorsport
- Santiago Urrutia: European F3 Open ( RP Motorsport) → Koiranen GP
Drivers who have left the GP3 series:
- Conor Daly: ART Grand Prix → United SportsCar Championship ( RSR Racing)
- Jack Harvey: ART Grand Prix → Indy Lights ( Peterson Schmidt Motorsports )
- Daniil Kwjat: MW Arden → Formula 1 ( Scuderia Toro Rosso )
- Facu Regalia: ART Grand Prix GP2 Series → ( Hilmer Motorsport)
- Carlos Sainz Jr.: MW Arden → Formula Renault 3.5 ( DAMS )
- Josh Webster: Status Grand Prix → British Porsche Carrera Cup
Drivers who do not have a contract for a race seat in 2014:
Changes the teams
- Bamboo Engineering left the GP3 series after one season. The starting point should take over the project time Russian who had selected as a service manager originally the team Moto Park Academy for the care of the insert. After the death of Igor Mazepa, the team boss and owner of the Russian Time project, sparked the investor group of the project and Mazepa heirs mid-February, the contract with Moto Park Academy. Moto Park Academy planned with the driver trio Jimmy Eriksson, Marvin Kirchhöfer and Markus Pommer. A little later, iSport International was announced as a new team for the implementation of all Russian -time applications. However, it was decided in March 2014 for return the GP3 starting grid. The launch site was re-assigned by the organizers at Hilmer Motorsport.
- Arden International, which had been started under the name of MW Arden with Australian license, start 2014 with a British license under its original name Arden International.
2014 will be held nine race weekends. In comparison to the previous season, the race weekend will not take place in Valencia, it is moved to Spielberg in Sochi. All events take place in the Formula 1 Grand Prix weekends. The race of the Nürburgring race changed on schedule at the Hockenheimring Baden- Württemberg.
All main races take place on Saturdays, and all the sprint race on Sunday.