Esgrus (Danish: Eskeris ) is a municipality in the district of Schleswig -Flensburg, in Schleswig- Holstein. In its present form it has existed since 1973. Birzhaft ( Berri Have), Brunsholm, Esgrusschauby ( Eskeris Skovby ) Frauenhof and Wippendorf ( Vippentorp ) are located in the municipal area.


Esgrus was first mentioned in 1352. The place name derives from Es- rus ( Cairns, growing on the ash ) from.

The St. Mary's Church from the 12th century is one of the oldest stone churches in fishing. The brick tower dates from the 15th century. Under the tower there is a grave chamber for Good Rundhof.


Since the local elections in 2013 to include all eleven members of the municipal council of voters Community WGE.

Coat of arms

Blazon: ". Under blue shield main, side by side in a decreasing silver moon and a sechsstrahliger silver star, in gold a rooted green ash "

Partner community

With the community Katzow in Mecklenburg -Vorpommern is a partnership.


In the community, many commercial and service enterprises have settled.


In the list of cultural monuments in Esgrus are registered in the list of monuments of Schleswig- Holstein cultural monuments.

The representative designed Dreiseithof in Frauenhof can be reached via an avenue with a half-timbered gatehouse.