Niesgrau (Danish: Nisvrå ) is a municipality to Geltinger bay in the district of Schleswig -Flensburg, in Schleswig- Holstein. In its present form it has existed for 1970 Koppelheck (Danish: Kobbelled ). , Stausmark ( Stovsmark ) and Stobdrup ( Stubdrup ) are in the municipal area.


From the Neolithic period the megalithic grave ear field originates.

The name Niesgrau indicates an angle ( Vrå ), which belonged to a man named Nis. Since the late Middle Ages dominated here, as in many parts of the parish Esgrus the noble Country Estate, first of circular courtyard, then to the newly independent previous Meier courts Niesgraugaard and ear field. Serfdom was abolished in 1765. As of 1853, the estate districts were combined to Kappler Harde.

After the transition of the duchy of Schleswig to Prussia as a result of the war of 1864 the large parish Esgrus was divided into nine rural communities and four estate districts. The territory of the municipality Niesgrau consisted of the small agricultural estates Niesgraugaard and ear field and the rural communities Koppelheck, Niesgrau and Stobdrup. The rest of the parish now forms the communities Esgrus and Stangheck (including Rundhof ).

Between 1886 and 1953, the Flensburg circular path wrong in the municipal area, so that the center of Niesgrau to the former railway station has formed. Also in Stausmark and Stobdrup there were breakpoints of the web.

1928 were incorporated to Niesgrau and ear field after Koppelheck, as the noble estate districts were abolished in all Prussia Niesgraugaard. 1970 were incorporated to Niesgrau Koppelheck and Stobdrup. At the same time in 1889 established the district of Rundhof - Esgrus was the Office Steinbergkirche incorporated.


Since the local elections of 2013, the voters Community WGN has all nine seats in the municipal council.

Coat of arms

Blazon: " diagonally divided by gold and blue. Above, a green, three leaves and an acorn existing oak branch, below a floating to the left silver fish. "


The community is predominantly agricultural, but tourism is an important source of income.

In Niesgrau there was a ferry port from which ships to the Danish island of Funen went. With the removal of butter rides but the ferry was no longer profitable and was abandoned. Today the area is used among other things as a marina.

Good ear field

The manor of Good ear field (Danish: Udmark ) has a striking its battlements. The name has not yet been satisfactorily interpreted. Previously, a Grange of good circular courtyard, the estate in 1613 was finally independent and had until 1853 a separate jurisdiction.